Maid of Norway, Queen of Scotland: A Plantagenet Britain Timeline

How about Edward convinces her to use scottish soilders as mercs or to station them in wales and the like so he can mov e his own forces more into gascony

Absolutely f*cking not, Blue
While I don't approve of such language, I have to agree. I doubt that England can control Norway and Denmark for long. Just look at England's attempt to conquer all of France during the Hundred Years' War and they failed. Sure, they probably would succeed had not Henry V died when he did. But even if Henry V succeeded in that, I doubt that his line can hold France for more than few generations. Besides, is Norway technically allied to England and Scotland in this timeline?

I just realized that Hundred Years' War is butterflied away, at least in OTL form, as ATL Edward III wouldn't have a reason to claim French throne.

How about Edward convinces her to use scottish soilders as mercs or to station them in wales and the like so he can mov e his own forces more into gascony
It could work, in theory, assuming he'd consent to his lands being guarded by the Scotts.

Alliance or not, big ask.

Some Scots might be quite happy to join in for the chance of 'glory' (read loot/ransoms). Margaret might be well advised to offer that option.

Just adding, too, those lords with English estates might want to add to their retinue with some of their Scots vassals. that would avoid the Scylla of apparent subordination to England and the Charybdis of angering Longshanks.

His name rhymes with Dobert Pruce.
I know it!
Hobart Prune, a random bearded guy off the street!
(In a serious note, so Robert Bruce will fight along the British, uh?
Not really shocked, to be honest. Can’t be a king, so better trying to get more glory and more lands)

Will he die a glorious death which galvanized the English and Scots to have a major victory against the French, tightening the bond between the two nations?
Not exactly. Right before the first battle, an asteroid hits the horn of africa and it extinguishes all life on Earth :(