Henry II dies in 1204

Death of King Henry II
Henry II of England would die on 1204 in England, he would be succeeded by his grandson, Arthur I, Duke of Brittany who would take his place as King of England as Arthur I of England, uniting Brittany, Anjou, Normandy, and Tourraine with England while Richard I of Aquitaine had been succeeded in 1199 by his own brother, John who remarried to Isabella of Angouleme after Henry II permitted him to repudiate and annul his marriage with his first wife on 1200 as Richard chose John as his heir on his lands.

Henry II has married his granddaughter, Eleanor of Brittany to Prince Louis of France on 1200 to guarantee peace between France and the Plantagenets and to ratify the partition of the Angevin inheritance via a treaty signed between Henry II and Philippe II Auguste.

Eleanor of Aquitaine had died in 1189 and her sons, Richard I of Aquitaine and John I of Aquitaine have replaced her as the ruler of Aquitaine prior to the death of her husband, Henry II of England, as Richard I of Aquitaine is preoccupied with the crusades, he would never have time to actually consummate his marriage with Berengaria of Navarre which would allow Arthur I of England and John I of Aquitaine to rule England and Aquitaine respectively.

Last edited: