The HEART Development and Core Thread

Syrian civil war and Hatay province, showing areas which are under the facto American & Turkish occupations, this is accurate as of September 2023
1702805387659.png

Patch #31

The great North Atlantic update, I don't think I will go further because Greenland isnt Europe and I really don't wanna do even more Fjords in the near future, might take a detour and work on some place easy before starting Finland etc.

Added Norway
Added the Faroese Islands
Added Jan Mayen
Added Spitsbergen
Added Iceland
Added a tonne of Glaciers

Fixed the Azores
Fixed Madeira

View attachment 875405
Can you send Norway and Iceland without glacier? My map is blank-like, just grey

Patch #33

Disabled the Glacier layer for this patch

Added Aland
Added Georgia
Added Armenia including Azeri occupied areas
Added Abkhazia & South Ossetia
Added Syria and the Syrian Civil War
Added Hatay
Added Jordan
Added the Tigris River in Syria
Added the Kura river

1702834794532.png

Wonderful, @JG_Online . Doing Iraq (and Iran) would open up the possiblity of connecting your big patch to the Kuwait patch...
Speaking of Kuwait, I decided to make probably the last revision of Kuwait. I gave up on the Northeastern islands so I just removed them (this time not chopping a part of the coastline), I also added 1st levels and fixed some errors. The coloring between the northern border and the coastline next to Boubiyan could be a little off and there could be some other minor errors but I'm not really sure.
The map:

1702914039083.png

Source map:
Kuwait_governorates_english.png

Speaking of Kuwait, I decided to make probably the last revision of Kuwait. I gave up on the Northeastern islands so I just removed them (this time not chopping a part of the coastline), I also added 1st levels and fixed some errors. The coloring between the northern border and the coastline next to Boubiyan could be a little off and there could be some other minor errors but I'm not really sure.
The map:

View attachment 876030
Source map:
View attachment 876031
Don't feel forced to help if you are unsure about your ability to draw, its totally cool to just spectate, or work on improving stuff that has already been drawn :)

New update on Papua:
- Central Province
- Oro Province
- Port Moresby
- Gulf Province (including Turama, Kikori, and Purari rivers)
- Western Province (including the Fly and Strickland rivers)
- Torres Strait Islands (part of Queensland)

1702976919796.png

Last edited:
Wonderful, @JG_Online . Doing Iraq (and Iran) would open up the possiblity of connecting your big patch to the Kuwait patch...
I probably won't continue on the middle east untill after @Agent of Chaos has patched Turkey.

Patch #34

Making a way into South Africa, the second levels were a bit harder here due to lack of a good projected source so if anyone could take a look at those... otherwise happy with how this looks thus far

Added Northern Cape
Added Western Cape
Added Tristan da Cunha
Added the Oranje Rivier

1702980460389.png

I think the national borders are alright, so you can go ahead if you ask me. I'm quite busy irl and rarely find the time to do anything, so I don't want to be liable for the delay of a region.
No problem, but I want to stress there is no delay because I do not consider HEART to be on any sort of time-table, I don't want to rush into any regions while there is still Europe parts left to do, doing Europe is my passion project and aside from the Africa patch I don't really want to work on other areas untill it is done.

I think one of the main problems that caused M-BAM to be underwhelming compared to its Q-BAM counterpart is that development was pretty rushed, my goal with HEART is not just to provide a version of M-BAM in robinson by february but to have a more practical and detailed map than M-BAM (adding rivers, glaciers and as Tomoto has been doing, reefs), these are all features that have been available on Q-BAM for a few years now and are also going to be in RQ-BAM, M-BAM never had these because I think we rushed its development.

I want HEART to supersede M-BAM, not merely improve it, so hence I will re-iterate the point I have made before in this threat: "No rush" :)

I don't want to rush into any regions while there is still Europe parts left to do, doing Europe is my passion project and aside from the Africa patch I don't really want to work on other areas untill it is done.
Thus, you could do Finland and at least European Russia before Turkey is fully finished. But even agreeing with the "No rush!" idea, I still think we shouldn't all have to wait until @Agent of Chaos can add second-level subdivisions to Turkey.

Thus, you could do Finland and at least European Russia before Turkey is fully finished. But even agreeing with the "No rush!" idea, I still think we shouldn't all have to wait until @Agent of Chaos can add second-level subdivisions to Turkey.
You're not waiting for him, you are waiting for me, I don't want to deliver a product that I am not happy with and have to come back and fix it later because I wasn't attentive when I made it, this is the mistake we made with M-BAM and I am not eager to repeat it with HEART

Patch #36

Finished South Africa!!!

Added North West province
Added Guateng
Added Mpumalanga
Added Limpopo
Added the Limpopo river

Fixed St. Helena and Tristan da Cunha outlines

1703073168590.png