Which style should be predominant?

• Total voters
Speaking of which, with Goebbels dead, this reminds me of something: What was the full body count of the Angriff between Goebbels first triggering it and his death?

I actually wonder if Speer did not survive the Angriff, and the new government is just using his name to justify an anti-gobbles stance.

For one, I'm happy that Goebbels has died and the end of the world was averted, again. But on the other hand, there's something very dark about Speer being Fuhrer. Hitler was the one who made sure Nazism would live in the history books forever, but Speer may be the one who could truly make sure the Reich would last a thousand years.

Goebbels was so volatile that his erratic actions could've ended Germany's rule suddenly, while Speer is the type of pragmatist that will guarantee it's survivability. You bet Nazi Germany will thrive.

Clearly not enough to purge the internal weakness, as once again their final victory has been foiled at the last minute by the weakness of the worldly flesh.
Klara realized being stuck with Goebbels in a nuclear bunker is a fate worse than being incinerated in nuclear flames or dying from radiation poisoning.

For one, I'm happy that Goebbels has died and the end of the world was averted, again. But on the other hand, there's something very dark about Speer being Fuhrer. Hitler was the one who made sure Nazism would live in the history books forever, but Speer may be the one who could truly make sure the Reich would last a thousand years.

Goebbels was so volatile that his erratic actions could've ended Germany's rule suddenly, while Speer is the type of pragmatist that will guarantee it's survivability. You bet Nazi Germany will thrive.
Assuming Speer's allowed to exercise any real power.

Its not so much a question of 'Speer would be good' as 'Speer would be sane'. Compared to both Goebbels and Hess, Speer was much more a member of the reality-based community. Not to say Speer didn't earn his position in the inner circles of the Reich by having plenty of delusions, but of the various candidates that got floated at various times, Speer was the best of the options, which is why he falls into the pattern of the 'best available option' in HOI4 mods.

So an empress Dowager then? I guess the Reich would be like China in that regard.
Yes, a Germanic version tied to the traditions of the Reich.
May I suggest that all future female leaders(or female hitlers, for propaganda reasons) be officially given the title of Valkyrie?
She is a woman, she will never be the leader of the Reich (officially of course). She will now be the princess of the kingdom, the golden girl, the mother of the new Hitler. In the future she will be the nation's matron, full of experience to guide the new generation to glory. She will always be close to the throne but never on it.

She is a woman, she will never be the leader of the Reich (officially of course). She will now be the princess of the kingdom, the golden girl, the mother of the new Hitler. In the future she will be the nation's matron, full of experience to guide the new generation to glory. She will always be close to the throne but never on it.
I mean that is true but considering how the Empress Dowager Cixi still hold control of China or at least tried to, we might see something similar occurring.

Hitler was the one who made sure Nazism would live in the history books forever, but Speer may be the one who could truly make sure the Reich would last a thousand years.
Together with this purge that Goebbels cleansing the nation of those who disagree with the central government and they will be able to truly reform. If the German economy becomes very dynamic they will be the largest economy in the world by a very large margin. Combine this with Klara's son being raised in this environment and a return to the senate and congress and the unstable Nazi autocracy could become a very functional semi-constitutional monarchy.

I mean that is true but considering how the Empress Dowager Cixi still hold control of China or at least tried to, we might see something similar occurring.
Yes this is likely, a triumvirate of Speer, Klara and Remer is also possible. But I bet all my chips on the Reich becoming a Hitler family monarchy in the long term.

Yes this is likely, a triumvirate of Speer, Klara and Remer is also possible. But I bet all my chips on the Reich becoming a Hitler family monarchy in the long term.
You reminded me of Onkel Wilkie’s Nazi Victory TL in which Nazi Germany eventually ended up as such, with your idea and all that.

Damnnit Klara! I just realised I have to change the title of the favorites page:

1707359984278.png
(Any Name Ideas for Speer?)

Anyways, I really doubt Speer is going to stay in power. He's getting older and I don't exactly think pulling out of Isreal is something Nazi Germany can do at this point...

There's two outcomes here:
(A): Speer pulls out and has to fight for his life and pray the Volksturm doesn't take notes from Robespierre

(B): Speer stays in Isreal, and tries (and fails) to get total victory.

Unless Speer can negotiate a limited victory that sees Isreal crippled, I do not think Speer will be Emper- i mean, uh, Fuhrer, for very long.

In March 1945 Speer literally suggested to Hitler that he should deploy all German troops to the Oder and Rhine, and defend both to the last man...because somehow this would make the Allies respect Germany's martial prowess, and persuade them to make peace. This was delusional as anything Göring or Himmler wanted to do.

And contrary to post-war myth-making, he was very much in favour of 'wonder weapons', and staked his reputation on them. An improvement over Goebbels in this timeline, sure, but I think people may be a bit too dazzled by his incredibly embellished stories of his record as armaments minister, as well his depiction in certain mods.

Another thing to keep in mind is that what would have been his constituency has been purged. He's going to be very dependent on the praetorian prefect cosplayer.

Last edited:
Yes, a Germanic version tied to the traditions of the Reich.

Yeah, i know, i meant it more in a way of Psychologie sense, and more as a Titel without any real power, and i nennt with Führerinnen not female supreme leaders, but the wives of male Führers.
But let me keep dreaming🤫😏

Last edited: