The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

Great Map series but I just noticed a minor issue with the 1960 and 1980 map. Alaska and Hawaii are colored as territories and not states (which they both became in 1959)

Decided to make two versions of the 2017 AD map without the European Union borders and the ROC territorial claims, since editing them out is utterly annoying. No need to thank.

I've kept the claim lines of the Kashmiri conflict in one version, since they're not as annoying.

fuck_taiwan_s_claims.png
fuck_taiwan_s_claims_no_kashmir_edition.png

Ay, awesome.

Also, update on some other stuff: I'm going back through the maps and doing a big rehaul of India and SE Asia on all of them. This might take a while, and I'm going to do a big post once every map is updated.

So, in my enormous spare time, I've decided to work on some administrative divisions for various countries.

I was deeply offended that Mexico did not have internal borders even though the other two major North American countries had such borders. Because I consider myself a nice guy, I took an hour adding borders for subnational entities in various countries, including Russia, China and Brazil. You're welcome.

Every_Border_A_King.png

Last edited:
So, in my enormous spare time, I've decided to work on some administrative divisions for various countries.

I was deeply offended that Mexico did not have internal borders even though the other two major North American countries had such borders. Because I consider myself a nice guy, I took an hour adding borders for subnational entities in various countries, including Russia, China and Brazil. You're welcome.

Lovely map! Could you maybe also colour in Africa or at least some African countries?

Well, RCS would add colours for South Africa, Algeria, Sudan, Chad, Mali, Nigeria and Senegal (the latter based on historic reasons). But note there's not really a single applicable modern state for the Congo or East African colours.

Of course that doesn't have colours for Estonia, Latvia, Finland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Kosovo, Montenegro (wait those two look indistinguishable on the map above) and so forth so different priorities may be being taken here.

Brief update - still working on going through and fixing Asia/Africa, but progress has been slow up till now. It may be a week or two before all the updates are done.

Dont know if this was already discussed, might’ve missed it—but why do all the basemaps in the OP have Mobile Bay in Missisippi and not Alabama?

could you do one around the time of vlad III (draculas) reign and the fall of constantinople?

I noticed an inaccuracy on the 1946 map, you didn't include the American, British, and French occupation zones of Germany. Fix it pls

Oh god.

Which basemap did you use @hadaril?

Because we fixed that one in 2012.
The 2015 Worlda. Regardless, I double checked the previous editions, and each one has the same outline for the USA's gulf coast border. This apparently wasn't fixed, it seems. Maps from 2011, 2013, and 2015 all had that inconsistency. I'll see if I can shift the bay over in a patch. Thanks for pointing it out.

I noticed an inaccuracy on the 1946 map, you didn't include the American, British, and French occupation zones of Germany. Fix it pls
I'll have that fixed when I release all the 3.0 maps with the Asia/Africa patches.

The 2015 Worlda. Regardless, I double checked the previous editions, and each one has the same outline for the USA's gulf coast border. This apparently wasn't fixed, it seems. Maps from 2011, 2013, and 2015 all had that inconsistency. I'll see if I can shift the bay over in a patch. Thanks for pointing it out.

I'll have that fixed when I release all the 3.0 maps with the Asia/Africa patches.

Have a look in OTL Basemaps from 504BC (IIRC) and just search for 'Mobile' in there.

Maybe you should add some colors for the countries that are left blank in your 2017 map. Like South Africa, for example, is important enough to have it’s own color.

Edit: this is also applicable to the 1960, 1980, and 2000 maps