The Marriage of the Century - A Burgundian Timeline

Something like that with France. The first half of the 16th century will be a bit of a wobble for them, but Charles IX's heir is gonna be harder on rebellious nobles.

As for the americas I really have no idea.
I do feel that France would still be a hard enemy for the dukes of Brabant, it's more how they interact with France that'll make or break the dutch. I do think it'd get dicey a few times as France would want to get the romance speaking areas back tho.

For the Americas I do think it'd be cool if colonisation deviates from otl. Dutch Brazil and new Amsterdam would be cool.

I do feel that France would still be a hard enemy for the dukes of Brabant, it's more how they interact with France that'll make or break the dutch. I do think it'd get dicey a few times as France would want to get the romance speaking areas back tho.

For the Americas I do think it'd be cool if colonisation deviates from otl. Dutch Brazil and new Amsterdam would be cool.
I feel like Brabant would pursue a neutral stance towards France from 1512 and onwards. Maintain the status quo, plus the dukes have no plans to get Burgundy back as it was lost decades ago, so there is that as well. And since Brabant is not a part of the habsburgs and the hre and thus not part of the surrounding empire that charles v had with hre, flanders and spain, milan on all sides of frace, things are gonna be way more chill.

Pm me about Loon, I'm interested in writing that if you have ideas. And about Frisia if you have more ideas.
There were several uprising in Liege against the Prince Bishop of Liege, which were quelled with he help of the grand father and father of TTL Philip. The Prince Bishop of that time, a member of the house Bourbon, was a puppet and after the destruction of the rebels of Liege and the city of Liege and Dinant he become even more dependent on the Duke. I would think the current Prince Bishop need to pay some sort of old debt Liege have to the dukes of Burgundy/ Brabant and the only way the Prince bishop is able to pay this debt is by giving the county of Loon....
The county of Loon kept their own rules, regulations and tax systems, since the anexation by Liege in the 14th century,

Regarding Frisia. The Frisian Lands, that is Frisia, Groningen, East Frisia and Jever expereinced a large war ; The Large Frisian War, a civil war between seveal factions from 1413 up to 1422. This war weaken the region considerable and effectivly started the end of the Frisian Freedom. The war caused a power vacuum which was partial filled by non Frisian overlords in some parts of Frisia.
In OTL Charles of Egmont as Duke of Gelre was for a brief period chosen as overlord over a part of Frisia.
Between 1450 and 1530 for all Frisian lands the Frisian Freedom ended and were subdued by a Non Frisian overlord. Although the regions remaind very independent and resless.
Dear old Adrian is not gonna be pope in this scenario, but rest assured that he's gonna be a treasured part of the ducal court.
You are right, he can do much more than beiing a Pope of non Italian origin.

Last edited:
There were several uprising in Liege against the Prince Bishop of Liege, which were quelled with he help of the grand father and father of TTL Philip. The Prince Bishop of that time, a member of the house Bourbon, was a puppet and after the destruction of the rebels of Liege and the city of Liege and Dinant he become even more dependent on the Duke. I would think the current Prince Bishop need to pay some sort of old debt Liege have to the dukes of Burgundy/ Brabant and the only way the Prince bishop is able to pay this debt is by giving the county of Loon....
The county of Loon kept their own rules, regulations and tax systems, since the anexation by Liege in the 14th century,

Regarding Frisia. The Frisian Lands, that is Frisia, Groningen, East Frisia and Jever expereinced a large war ; The Large Frisian War, a civil war between seveal factions from 1413 up to 1422. This war weaken the region considerable and effectivly started the end of the Frisian Freedom. The war caused a power vacuum which was partial filled by non Frisian overlords in some parts of Frisia.
In OTL Charles of Egmont as Duke of Gelre was for a brief period chosen as overlord over a part of Frisia.
Between 1450 and 1530 for all Frisian lands the Frisian Freedom ended and were subdued by a Non Frisian overlord. Although the regions remaind very independent and resless.

You are right, he can do much more than beiing a Pope of non Italian origin.
Interesting, so a scenario in where the Prince Bishop ends up with a disasterous mismanagement and a scandal that ends up causing even more turmoil could in theory become a scenario where Philip comes calling for the old debt and takes Loon? I think I have the right accident for that as well, just placing it in a different place. *looks in my Big Box of Disasters*

Chapter xx: Of Loans, Lieges and Loon

Thanks for the tips about Frisia, I think Charles of Egmont will be instrumental about helping Philip get that as well. And that gives me a opportunity to write a more of a steamy scene between them too....

Author's update. Regarding the ethics of rewriting chapters
Hello you all! First of all thank you very much for sticking to this story now that I'm 50 chapters in to this madness. However, as you do sometimes, I went back and looked at several things that I wrote and my genious conclusion is that certain events in this story are rather unrealistic complete stupidity that I could have written better Wiley Coyote could have written better, honestly, was I tripping acid? and thus I wonder if I could rewrite several chapters and characters that just irks my soul now that I see them on this thread. Since the butterflies will be flapping, I'm gonna need to do a serious overhaul on several things and it's gonna cause a butterfly reaction that is gonna impact many things, so this will take a longer time. In the mean course, I shall write future updates, that are more in tune to the changes I'm making. It might even revamp the story in some bits.

Is that all right with you all? I'm honestly asking because I just want to give a good story, but right now, certain things needs changing for the better.

Yours truly, the local idiot sandwich Blue.

Is that all right with you all? I'm honestly asking because I just want to give a good story, but right now, certain things needs changing for the better.
In my rewrite history context, I'm the last who can blame you in this. Desire to make better story is creditably and you can do with your story all that you see fit

Hello you all! First of all thank you very much for sticking to this story now that I'm 50 chapters in to this madness. However, as you do sometimes, I went back and looked at several things that I wrote and my genious conclusion is that certain events in this story are rather unrealistic complete stupidity that I could have written better Wiley Coyote could have written better, honestly, was I tripping acid? and thus I wonder if I could rewrite several chapters and characters that just irks my soul now that I see them on this thread. Since the butterflies will be flapping, I'm gonna need to do a serious overhaul on several things and it's gonna cause a butterfly reaction that is gonna impact many things, so this will take a longer time. In the mean course, I shall write future updates, that are more in tune to the changes I'm making. It might even revamp the story in some bits.

Yours truly, the local idiot sandwich Blue.
You are being unnecessarily hard with yourself. this story is great the way it is.

I think that the previous updates are all great and there is no need to change them. However, if you do, I’m sure it will still be great!

In my rewrite history context, I'm the last who can blame you in this. Desire to make better story is creditably and you can do with your story all that you see fit
You are being unnecessarily hard with yourself. this story is great the way it is.
I think that the previous updates are all great and there is no need to change them. However, if you do, I’m sure it will still be great!
So many great comments! Thanks, so much for your support. I'm pleased with a lot of things these past updates, but the changes are much further back in the timeline. Specifically:

-Ferdinand and Isabella having a different outcome regarding their children
-Anne of Brittany being born a son
-Mary of Burgundy wedding Nicholas of Anjou and becoming duchess of Lorraine
-Philip marrying Philippa of Guelders instread
-Maximilian marrying someone else
-Richard III still becoming king of england, but Edward IV having a different outcome regarding his children
-Richard III marrying a female Manuel of Portugal

Edits update regarding rewamping
I decided to start with chapter one and go from there and rewrite them, so it will be continually updated from now on. Some changes will be just spellings, sentence structures and others will be more major changes, so if anyone is curious about what will change, start reading from the start and see how it goes from there.

I hope the end results will be a more cohesive and sensible story, but I can't promise anything really.

I decided to start with chapter one and go from there and rewrite them, so it will be continually updated from now on. Some changes will be just spellings, sentence structures and others will be more major changes, so if anyone is curious about what will change, start reading from the start and see how it goes from there.

I hope the end results will be a more cohesive and sensible story, but I can't promise anything really.
Will you do a post, once everything is updated? :) Then I can re-read the whole thing hahah

Will you do a post, once everything is updated? :) Then I can re-read the whole thing hahah
I've already updated the first two chapters. Most of it is just sentence structure and a few different locations being made during Margaret's first years. The fourt chapter is where the butterflies are really gonna be flapping.

Last edited:
I've already updated the first two chapters. Most of it is just sentence structure and a few different locations being made during Margaret's first years. The fourt chapter is where the butterflies are really gonna be flapping.
You will do better to not touch the chapters already written and start a new thread for the 2.0 version

Final chapter update
So this timeline is being discontinued now. I'm starting over again with a new slate.

So this timeline is being discontinued now. I'm starting over again with a new slate.

Great

I'm sorry! You've been a invaluable support for this TL and I hope that the new one will be met with your approval. *offers cup of tea as apology*
Well, I promise who I will NOT comment on the Woodvilles, Yorks and Richard III if your do NOT comment on Catherine of Aragon’s fate in my works… so I will say who the TL is great for now