The HEART Development and Core Thread

The main thing I mean when I am talking about fixing is adding the reefs in the same manner Tomoto has been doing, there are many Caribbean reefs shown as Islands currently

Also you tend to show pixels directly into the water alot, which should be the exception not the norm, its a stylistic error, other than those 2 points your patches are perfect stylistically though
View attachment 874968
I can't do reefs :<

If Tomoto can help you with the reefs it is really only the stylistic error I pointed out you need to fix
1702541382742.png
1702541649920.png

You tend to put alot of watersurface outside the coast border, I know I also did this for islets like Lampedusa in the mediterrinean but as I said it should be the exception not the norm, for what I can recall it only happens 3 times across all of europe that a water pixel and a land pixel arent separated by a coastline.

Finishing Norway in 2 patches feel like the edgiest thing I have ever done as a mapper haha (I swear I don't have depression now)
I think both Belarus and western Russia and the Middle East (including Turkey), as well as most of Africa, are much easier than Finland or the Faroe Islands...

Last edited:
I think both Belarus and western Russia and the Middle East (including Turkey), as well as most of Africa, are much easier than Finland or the Faroe Islands...
"We chose to go to Finland, not because it is easy but because ̶w̵e̵'̵r̵e̵ ̵i̵n̵s̵a̵n̵e̵, it's hard"
- JG Online, probably

Jokes aside I will get to Russia and Middle east, I just really want to complete Europe before I do

Patch #31

The great North Atlantic update, I don't think I will go further because Greenland isnt Europe and I really don't wanna do even more Fjords in the near future, might take a detour and work on some place easy before starting Finland etc.

Added Norway
Added the Faroese Islands
Added Jan Mayen
Added Spitsbergen
Added Iceland
Added a tonne of Glaciers

Fixed the Azores
Fixed Madeira

1702647895418.png

Last edited:
Patch #31

The great North Atlantic update, I don't think I will go further because Greenland isnt Europe and I really don't wanna do even more Fjords in the near future, might take a detour and work on some place easy before starting Finland etc.

Added Norway
Added Jan Mayen
Added Spitsbergen
Added Iceland

Fixed the Azores
Fixed Madeira

View attachment 875405
Down into Africa?

Patch #31

Added Norway
Added Jan Mayen
Added Spitsbergen
Added Iceland

Fixed the Azores
Fixed Madeira
Cool! Now we're about to hit the top of the map.

I feel like I should have clarified this when I claimed Turkey, oops.
@JG_Online, when I said I claimed turkey, I only really meant the subdivisions, so you're free to do the coasts and stuff.

Down into Africa?
Yea I was thinking of doing some of the South of Africa before continuing on Eurasia
Cool! Now we're about to hit the top of the map.
I was looking for a good Equirecangular map of the Arctic ice sheet but I haven't found one thats usable yet so actually doing the North Pole is (for now) off limits
This would be rather easy, but another easy "target" for @JG_Online would be the Middle East. Yeah, it has a few lakes like Lake Assad and of course the Euphrates and Tigris, but no fjords.
Yea I will probably move into the Middle east and the Kavkaz when I do a little of Africa
I feel like I should have clarified this when I claimed Turkey, oops.
@JG_Online, when I said I claimed turkey, I only really meant the subdivisions, so you're free to do the coasts and stuff.
Oh alright, will it be suffiecient if I do provinces but of the quality that the European bit had? The map I use for Turkey isnt super high res so...

Looks like the only thing to be double-checked for California is the border with Nevada, right?
Yeah, I think all Nevada's nearby states needs double-check, because it definitely wrong, idk how to explain, but if you can check it and fix it - it'll be great

Patch #32 (Africa Patch #1)
So here are Namibia and St. Helena nothing to crazy but I did do second levels

Added Namibia
Added St. Helena
1702737538573.png

Last edited: