1980s Culture without the Cold War/the Soviet Union.

How it actually happens is not the focus point of this. But if the Warsaw Pact/the Eastern Bloc and the USSR right after had completely collapse between 1979-1981 instead of 1989-1991, how would both United States and that of the world culture evolve without the Soviet Union around and everything happening ten, or so years ahead of OTL?

The Soviet Union collapsing in 1979 means Carter probably wins a second term—Ronnie Raygun doesn't have a Communist bogeyman to rally against (I know that wasn't his only selling point). That leads to a *very* different 80s in so many ways. Far less specter of WW3, probably more Yuppyism, even without Reagan, due to the burgeoning economy; but the government isn't gutted by Republicans. Germany doesn't feel like it's at nuclear death's door for a decade (but they've got reunification blues).

No Iran-Contra. Less successful NNTN. Weaker, demoralized military (not a Democrat thing but just extended Vietnam; no clear enemy, no military-industrial complex buildup in the '80s). Probably no Rambo. Definitely no Red Dawn. But maybe more global shows with characters trotting everywhere but Mao's China.

Pro Wrestling-wise , we probably still get Iron Sheik (who had been wrestling since the 70s),but no Koloffs, Nikolai Volkoff, Boris Zukhov or any other evil Russian gimmicks.

You'd probably see a lot more Middle eastern gimmicks instead.

End of History era of US history and a peace dividend happens sooner- you might see a less militaristic US, which would be bad if Gulf War-style engagement isn't butterflied.

How it actually happens is not the focus point of this. But if the Warsaw Pact/the Eastern Bloc and the USSR right after had completely collapse between 1979-1981 instead of 1989-1991, how would both United States and that of the world culture evolve without the Soviet Union around and everything happening ten, or so years ahead of OTL?
1980s culture would be much closer to the culture of optimism and progress during the 1990s I would also have similar ingredients with a mild-mannered Democratic president at the helm because as Neopeius talked about Jimmy Carter would probably win a second term. I'm not too sure about specifics but I imagine it would bleed into the culture at large especially because the government would probably be able to focus more effort on funding domestic cultural and technological projects instead.

It really depends the way how the USSR and the Eastern Bloc collapsed between 1979-1981, civil war (Death of Russia but in the 1970s)? dissolution into different states just like OTL? the USSR reforms itself into a "Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics" like how Gorby proposed?
Maybe it would be Japan in the Soviet Union's place since of Japan’s economic growth?
Even in OTL 1980s Japan was already seen as a future superpower and internationally influential country, see Blade Runner.