Charles Martel, son of Charles, Duke of Calabria and Marie de Valois, lives

What if Charles Martel lived (1327) to succeed his Grandfather? Who could he marry, who could his sisters marry, and what would be the consequences of his survival?

What if Charles Martel lived (1327) to succeed his Grandfather? Who could he marry, who could his sisters marry, and what would be the consequences of his survival?
I could be wrong but IIRC his dad was named Prince of Florence, after his death, the Florentines refused to allow the title to transmit to Giovanna or Maria. I'm not sure how they would feel about a little boy inheriting, but I doubt they would be able to use the same excuse as they did for Giovanna (her gender). Also, the presence of a son might buoy Naples' position in Italy for longer. OTL, once the duke of Calabria died, essentially Roberto lost interest in most of Italy north of Rome and Ludwig IV swept in to fill the vacuum. With a grandson to root for (albeit he can't do much while he's still dirtying nappies but it's a bit more complicated for the Italians to use their argument for abandoning Giovanna- namely we'd really like to support you King Bob but your son is dead and girls aren't gonna cut it.

TTL, the northern Italians might be prevailed upon to "stay" in the alliance, if only for the sake of Carlo Martello. That being said, there likely isn't the whole murderous internecine feuding between the Taranto and Durazzo branches for prominence (it will still be there- just like OTL- but without a queen to marry, it's likely more background noise than centre stage).

Good news for Andras of Hungary is that he avoids being murdered. So-so news is that Carlo Martello marries a sister of Andras (did he have sisters, ICR?) This was a cornerstone of Roberto's policy. Not because he particularly liked Lajos but because Roberto had hopped over Andras' dad to get to the throne of Naples and there was always a possibility that Lajos would (as OTL) take it into his head that to press his claim to Naples. A Hungarian daughter-in-law would ensure that Carlo Martello's child is indisputably the heir to Naples. As for Giovanna and Maria, not sure where Maria winds up but Giovanna might end up with Lajos of Hungary (as part of a double marriage*), although a match was also considered for her with the future Jean II of France IIRC.

*this has further impacts on Hungarian and Polish affairs since Lajos-Giovanna likely have a son (or at least kids) earlier. Giovanna had pregnancies by each of her first three husbands, so that goes up to the 1360s. The reason for her and her second husband's "lack" of issue was mostly because she took to avoiding him after he pulled a Henry Darnley and started beating her that even her ladies-in-waiting and visiting ambassadors were aghast. On one occasion, IIRC, he beat her so badly there were fears she would die, for instance.

(did he have sisters, ICR?)

As far as I know, Andrew and Louis did not have any sisters who lived past cradle, I think Andrew (probably duke of Slavonia, or maybe king of Poland if Charles Robert would want to secure any throne for his second son and @Jan Olbracht could have his independent post Elbow-High Poland) would still marry Joanna, tho she would have less to say, being seated in either Slavonia or Poland and thus unable to murder her husband.

As far as I know, Andrew and Louis did not have any sisters who lived past cradle, I think Andrew (probably duke of Slavonia, or maybe king of Poland if Charles Robert would want to secure any throne for his second son and @Jan Olbracht could have his independent post Elbow-High Poland) would still marry Joanna, tho she would have less to say, being seated in either Slavonia or Poland and thus unable to murder her husband.
No reason for marrying Joanna to Andrew here instead of the most logical match with Louis

No reason for marrying Joanna to Andrew here instead of the most logical match with Louis

Not really, Louis's first wife was Charles IV of Bohemia's sister, and given the fact Luxembourgs were most prominent opponents of Hungarian Angevins that match would be still more important that Neapolitan one.

Royal marriages are not really my area of expertise so I wont comment on those. But OTL Lajos spent an ugodly amount of money on and during his italian wars (also time and lives). So him spending all those elsewhere could have very serious consequences - his rule was one of the zenits of medieval Hungary's power. If he also doesn get Poland (it going to his brother as suggested) that means that he most likely will turn to the Balkans - so he wont be distracted and I expect an early win against Venice in Dalmatia. Maybe more and more successfull ottoman wars? He doesnt strike me as the sit at home and enjoy peace type (which changed when he got old).

Not really, Louis's first wife was Charles IV of Bohemia's sister, and given the fact Luxembourgs were most prominent opponents of Hungarian Angevins that match would be still more important that Neapolitan one.
In OTL Louis was engaged to Mary of Naples between 1332 and 1343 while Joanna was promised to Andrew…. Here Joanna would be the bride promised to Louis and if he choose to marry elsewhere she surely would not marry his younger brother

In OTL Louis was engaged to Mary of Naples between 1332 and 1343 while Joanna was promised to Andrew…. Here Joanna would be the bride promised to Louis and if he choose to marry elsewhere she surely would not marry his younger brother

Was he? As far as I know, Charles Robert promised Luxembourgs that Louis will marry Margaret of Luxembourg (Charles IV's sister) in 1338, and they actually got married in 1345, so I am very skeptical towards that information + from Hungarian POV Bohemia is simply more important than Naples, with Charles Martel alive Hungarian Angevins cannot hope to inherit Naples and Bohemia is only serious challenge to Hungarian Angevins in the region which was their actual powerbase.

Was he? As far as I know, Charles Robert promised Luxembourgs that Louis will marry Margaret of Luxembourg (Charles IV's sister) in 1338, and they actually got married in 1345, so I am very skeptical towards that information + from Hungarian POV Bohemia is simply more important than Naples, with Charles Martel alive Hungarian Angevins cannot hope to inherit Naples and Bohemia is only serious challenge to Hungarian Angevins in the region which was their actual powerbase.
Yes, they were engaged with a Papal Bull to confirm the double engagement. Margaret of Bohemia was engaged in 1338 but NOT to Louis as she was the first of the 4 princesses engaged to Amadeus VI of Savoy (followed by French brides - Joanna of Bourbon from 1340 to 1344, then Joan of Burgundy and in the end he married Bonne of Bourbon, Joanna’s younger sister in 1355). And until Charles Martel had children of his own Joanna would remain her brother’s heiress and the so the chances of inheriting Naples with that marriage were not so small…

Catherine, Duchess of Swidnica and Elizabeth, Duchess of Opole are the elder sisters of Andrew and Louis but they are too old for Charles Martel.

Yes, they were engaged with a Papal Bull to confirm the double engagement. Margaret of Bohemia was engaged in 1338 but NOT to Louis as she was the first of the 4 princesses engaged to Amadeus VI of Savoy (followed by French brides - Joanna of Bourbon from 1340 to 1344, then Joan of Burgundy and in the end he married Bonne of Bourbon, Joanna’s younger sister in 1355). And until Charles Martel had children of his own Joanna would remain her brother’s heiress and the so the chances of inheriting Naples with that marriage were not so small…

Well, than that engagement needed to be broken up and the maths is simple - Naples is unable to muster full-scale invasion of Hungary proper and Bohemia is able to do so, so it seems pretty clear to whom the priority in Louis's marriage goes.

Catherine, Duchess of Swidnica and Elizabeth, Duchess of Opole are the elder sisters of Andrew and Louis but they are too old for Charles Martel.

Tho these were half-sisters and their parentage is not certain.

Well, than that engagement needed to be broken up and the maths is simple - Naples is unable to muster full-scale invasion of Hungary proper and Bohemia is able to do so, so it seems pretty clear to whom the priority in Louis's marriage goes.
But that would mean no wedding between Naples and Hungary NOT Joanna married to Andrew (match for which Naples here has under zero interest)…

But that would mean no wedding between Naples and Hungary NOT Joanna married to Andrew (match for which Naples here has under zero interest)…

Well, maybe Charles Martel, once adult could marry some Hungarian proxy and be done with it if Joanna-Andrew match is not really tenable.

Well, maybe Charles Martel, once adult could marry some Hungarian proxy and be done with it if Joanna-Andrew match is not really tenable.
No way, Andrew would be a very bad match for Joanna… and her family has zero reasons for accepting it. Maybe a match in the next generation (or Andrew-Maria but only if they had been engaged at the same time of Louis and Joanna)

No way, Andrew would be a very bad match for Joanna… and her family has zero reasons for accepting it. Maybe a match in the next generation (or Andrew-Maria but only if they had been engaged at the same time of Louis and Joanna)

Well, I'd say next generation match is more likely.