Colour Scheme Crisis

What do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crisis on infinite color schemes! All of AH.com's mapmakers in an epic crossover that will change the Alternate History Books and Media forum forever!

But really I don't actually use any of the standardized color schemes... (and I haven't made a map in awhile... that's what happens when you write TLs that don't have geopolitical implications)

Honestly, from what I've been reading, the original UCS is fine, and the colors work well. I think people are getting a little too in depth for what the UCS is really designed to do...you can't make everyone happy.

Obviously, there needs to be some changes, but everyone having heart attacks over the colors, which in my opinion fit very well in most cases, although I still believe some countries have colors that don't necessarily warrant them. Obviously, since the 'standard' basemap has been improved greatly, the catalog of historic maps needs to be transferred over, and God bless Iori, or whoever is doing that, but really.

Does this need to be that much of an issue?

I'm all for improving the UCS (GREENSHEVISM! and COMPLETISM!), but the ACS just doesn't look right to me - I guess I'm too used to the UCS in general.

But that isn't necessarily improving anything! If anything it's only making it more confusing, and therefore worse, and this is the problem. This is why the ACS was even invented, because all you "greensheviks" wanted to change every other god-damned colour as well.

Russia, Britain, America, Germany, France, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Italy, Denmark, China, Japan, the Netherlands and Belgium have always had colours, and these colours shouldn't change.

Sachyriel

Banned
I don't use UCS, in my memory I've not made a map with it that wasn't in shared worlds. Even then kinda hazy.

But I like it, it makes it easy to see what changes there are.

I just discovered the polls aren't anonymous when you don't have voted yet and want to know the results :eek:

Am I the only one who dislike it ?