Map Contest Two: Discussion

Susano

Banned
That's another very fine entry, Susano.

But seriously (and not just you, but everyone) can you use word wrap, or post the map in a separate post to the text? It makes the text unreadable when you have to scroll back and forth constantly.

Ah. Yes. A reasonablöe complaint.

And I agree that Highlanders map has a very cool graphical effect. Though the Brits didnt get beat just enough yet :p

Glen

I'm going to have to drop out. I've got no time. The change in emphasis in this round really messed me up.

Good luck, gang!

And please, spare some time to help us out with the maps for 1493!

I hope every one can read the TL description on my map... I thought I'd try something new, but in shrinking it to the required size may have made it difficult

Is Diamond still in the running? His map didn't disappear (for some reason) and it is very good... but he can hardly compete in a final contest.

Susano

Banned
Is Diamond still in the running? His map didn't disappear (for some reason) and it is very good... but he can hardly compete in a final contest.

Why? He merely cant post it here, if you see the difference ;)
Though if he still WANTS to partake in any action here is the other question.

Thande

Donor
I think all the maps made this time around were excellent. I tried to go in another direction to make an 'ethnic' looking one, but it doesn't stand up to the level of detail in others' atlas-style maps. Guess I'll just have to learn some new techniques, or bite the bullet and buy Photoshop :rolleyes:

Agreed... I managed mine completely in GIMP, but with the escalating 'arms race' of map quality, I might be at the limit and have to get some thing commercial...

Now... where's the results!?!?

Well there's mine, inspired by this- thought I'd go for a 'lost civilisation' Mesoamerican style thing, as ITTL the region is practically on the Equator and the whole feathered serpent thing fits with the bird-people. I did want to put some English markings on it to show what's what, but I couldn't find a way that looked in keeping with the overall piece so I left that off in the end, I hope the glyphs provide a few clues!

Looks like I'm headed towards a solid second place! :D

No, seriously people, some other ones of you have to have some map ideas...

By the way, I will be gone the week after next and therefore most likely unable to participate in the Map Contest.

wow, what ahppened to all the competitors from rounds 1 & 2? or is everyone holding off until the last minute before they spring their super-awesome maps on us.