Map Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know long it took me to write that? Over three hours. It deserves replies.

Do what you like because you like it, that should be enough satisfaction... Nobody has an obligation to reply to you... If you don't get replies, then either change your writing and/or content, or be satisfied with it yourself.

Iceland is held by Denmark, colored light cyan, while Greece is colored a medium-shade cyan. I can see where the confusion comes from, but you are wrong in this case.

No, Greenland, Iceland and Greece are the exact same shade, while Denmark is another entirely.

Do you know long it took me to write that? Over three hours. It deserves replies.

Er... It's very... Long?

Hapsburg

Banned
No, Greenland, Iceland and Greece are the exact same shade, while Denmark is another entirely.
Copy paste it onto MS Paint. Use the color selector tool and select Greece's color. Then, use the eraser tool over Greenland, Iceland, Denmark, and Greece while holding the right mouse button, not the left. If you are right, then all of those country's colors will be erased.

Er... It's very... Long?
:p

Copy paste it onto MS Paint. Use the color selector tool and select Greece's color. Then, use the eraser tool over Greenland, Iceland, Denmark, and Greece while holding the right mouse button, not the left. If you are right, then all of those country's colors will be erased.

Trust me. I just had my sight checked two days ago. They're the same.

Yes, The USA plunges into anarchy as the baby-boomers get older, they elect John Wayne into the presidency, who repeals the Civil Rights Act. Riots break out in Southern California, New Orleans, and Detroit. The east coast is held down by federal troops. Alaska looks to Canada for a more stable nation to hang on to. They secede much like Puerto Rico did in 2021.

Alaska joining Canada, particularly modern Canada, would be like Puerto Rico joining Cuba.

Hapsburg

Banned
Umm... It's blue. :eek:
It's Cyan, or blue-green. Use the color editor, and you'll find that it lies between the blue and green spectrums.
But, since I suck at seeing green, which primarily affects the darkness of a given shade of Cyan, both Denmark and Iceland/Greenland looked almost the same.

Ok, here my first attemp on a map, so... be kind!! Please!! :D

I haven't still decided what to do with Central Europe, so there are no names (some kind of federal Danubia, or separated states? What do you think?)

As you can imagine, it's a Central Powers winning, but with the Ottoman Empire falling and the Soviet Revolution and proper civil war.

Then, the "bad ones" are the French and the British (fascism), which ends with a Spanish and Italy invasion of France (after no civil war in a republican Spain...) and Britain invaded by the old Europe Empires.

Well, still working on it. I may do a timeline when I've got time (more developed, of course...).

What should I do with Central Europe???

Last edited:
Yeah, I can see it now. The map and the explanation contradict themselves... no Spanish Civil war, sorry.

Netherlands is sovereign but in Free Union with the Deutscher Bund.

Albania and Cyprus are under Roman military protection.

North Africa and Middle East (but not Egypt), are Roman colonies.

Thande

Donor
This always comes up, but Cornwall is too big. Celtic Cornwall (and that's being rather generous by your definition of Celtic) stops at the River Tamar. The area on your map would include more than twice as many English people as it does Cornish.
EnglandCornwall.png

Hapsburg

Banned
So? The majority of people dwelling within the "Roman" Empire weren't Roman, but were still dominated and ruled by Romans. Just because you don't want Cornwall to be portrayed bigger than it was historically doesn't mean it automatically cannot be so in an Alternate History tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.