Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orsino

Banned
WIP, the year is 2015, the POD is that Maurice avoids assassination in 602. The Eastern Roman Empire survives,alternate migrations take place, schisms in Christianity play out differently and Islam never makes it into Anatolia or Iran but spreads throughout much of Africa and the Americas.

My first real attempt at a full map so feedback appreciated.

555podnoweurope.png

WIP, the year is 2015, the POD is that Maurice avoids assassination in 602. The Eastern Roman Empire survives,alternate migrations take place, schisms in Christianity play out differently and Islam never makes it into Anatolia or Iran but spreads throughout much of Africa and the Americas.

I like it. Pretty original and the borders are aesthetically pleasing. Not sure about the year being 2015 and all those kinds of places still existing, what with the likely development of nationalism.

Nice map! But I would stick with English names *cough* Bavaria *cough*

I have to disagree with Municipal Engines concerning "all these places" I think they seem reasonable sized. OTL has showed that even smaller areas can develop a distinct identity for example Luxembourg, Slowenia, Wales etc.

And those big-ass French and Bohemian states might raise some pointed objections to anyone trying to Unify All the Germans, say.

PS - are the Turks Christian?

Shit's leaning in favor of the CPs. Time to figure out what to do with the Fascists, Soviets, & Qing.

Latin America is still a confusing, slow-front bloodbath.

Next map shalt be soon. Sorry for the short reply.:p:(:confused::eek::):D

StupidCP-Wankification-Beginnings of The War.png

Orsino

Banned
Thanks for all the feedback.

Municipal Engines said:
I like it. Pretty original and the borders are aesthetically pleasing. Not sure about the year being 2015 and all those kinds of places still existing, what with the likely development of nationalism.
Thanks, The idea is that nationalism has been delayed and subliminated to a certain degree, although at this point nationalism is certainly being felt, in slightly different ways to OTL.

Nice map! But I would stick with English names *cough* Bavaria *cough*
Yeah, I wasn't at all sure about the translations, was trying to give a bit of variety to the names.

B_Munro said:
And those big-ass French and Bohemian states might raise some pointed objections to anyone trying to Unify All the Germans, say.

PS - are the Turks Christian?
The Turks are Tengrist with a large Christian minority, the Boihemians have kind of opened the nationalist can of worms by supporting a Slavic Nationalist uprising against the Turks. For the moment Boihemia is glad to see the Turks lose western territories to this new "Republic of Slovonia" but it is a strategy that might come back to bite them in the ass.

Rhand said:
Lol, that Bohemia went so craycray I thought I was looking at an EU3 map for a second.
With a POD in the seventh century and the Germans remaining divided I thought the Bohemians were as likely as anyone to rise to dominance in Central/Eastern Europe. I do confess I wanted to include a greater Bohemia because they seem to rarely feature in maps.

CannedTech said:
Cofraternities? Whazzat?
I'm using it as an ATL term for a kind of cross between a social cooperative and a trade union. They form the basis of the state in England*, Frisia* and Bavaria*. Cofraternist factions are active in a number of other states and their localist and quasi-corporatist/syndicalist ideology offers an attractive alternative to both monarchies and more traditional republics.

Last edited:
Shit's leaning in favor of the CPs. Time to figure out what to do with the Fascists, Soviets, & Qing.

Latin America is still a confusing, slow-front bloodbath.

Next map shalt be soon. Sorry for the short reply.:p:(:confused::eek::):D

I find it odd to see the Confederates doing so well in areas presumably filled with Blacks. I imagine many would fight to the death.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
An extension of my previous post and me jumping on the 1984 bandwagon. Set in 1940 following a Anglo-Franco Union.

anglo-french union.png

Key:
Brown: The Tripartite Empire (The Central Powers having conquered Russia)
Purple: Entente Union (The Entente Expanded over Africa and south Asia)
Blue: United States of the Americas (The USA on steroids, having absorbed south America and conquered Japan)
Shaded: Areas of conflict

anglo-french union.png

Last edited:

Rhand

Banned
With a POD in the seventh century and the Germans remaining divided I thought the Bohemians were as likely as anyone to rise to dominance in Central/Eastern Europe. I do confess I wanted to include a greater Bohemia because they seem to rarely feature in maps.

I know, I'm not attacking you or anything. I was just joking around. EU3 players refer to Bohemia as "Blobhemia" because of its tendency to go out of control.

Seraphiel

Banned
The setting for a post apocalyptic story thing I'm working on.

The basic idea is that the Soviet Union does not collapse but rather goes through some rough times in the 1970s where it loses the Czechs and East Germany but otherwise retains everything else. Butterflies x100 results in the Soviets and Chinese coming back together, the environment collapsing due to climate change and over exploitation, and a nuclear proliferation that scares the shit out of everyone. Another interesting development of a Cold War going past its Centenary is two radically different scientific-economic routes. The Blue Bloc has gone down the "biopunk" path with weaponized animal creations, chimeras (quarter dog, half giant vulture, eighth viper, eighth porcupine), genetically enhanced babies, super foods etc... Meanwhile the Red Bloc has embraced the future of mechanics, cyborgs, robots, giant walking death robots, etc...

One way or another the entire world is divided along two blocs, the Blue Bloc (America and co) or the Red Bloc (Soviets and co). Ideology fell out of favor a long while ago, this has resulted in interesting cases such as the Middle East where the on paper atheist Soviet support the theocratic Sunni states of Libya and Arabia vs the American backed Iranians and Israelis. Oh and all the big guys in the Middle East also have substantial nuclear arsenals, Nuke's Law, if your neighbor has a nuke, get two of them, if they have two get four and so on...

Even Africa has nukes, the so called African "Miracle" of the 2010s and 20s resulted in the emergence of Proletarian Republic of Congo and the Empire of Nigeria as major powers, mostly thanks to the ruthless exploitation of their mineral resources (and those of their weaker neighbors) and selling them to a resource parched world. With most states in Africa also woven into the alliance web of the still ongoing Cold War, this once unimportant place will likely also get irradiated.

South America has fallen into the same cycle. A pink revolution in Argentina, the commies winning in Colombia and the American invasion of Venezuela has caused the whole continent to militarize as a mini cold war is fought between Blue Brazil and Red Argentina.

Finally the crisis of the 21st Century as it was called by the rest of the world, or to the Pakistanis and the Indians, the Final War. Both had tons of nukes and their many wars finally escalated into a full on NBC exchange. Northern India and Pakistan are now a great place to study the effect of such a war. The ultra-theocratic Hindus of Hinduvta battle the only slightly more democratic Republic of India. And yes they are both not afraid to manufacture and use weapons of mass destruction.

IF you want to know more ask, por favor.
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.