Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again friends! Here's my latest creation :) if you want a higher quality/visual go to my deviantart page (link at bottom)

I have mixed feelings. On one hand its a superb quality map. On the other hand, you destroyed my State.
And I'd like to point out that you have no major settlement where the Port of Tacoma is (or the Port of Seattle for that matter); the place does have a decent harbor and humanity tends not to let those go unoccupied.

I would like context behind this. And what happens to Hawaii, BTW? It isn't on your map.

Ill probably put up an annotated version sometime tonight or tomorrow, depending on how much time i have and how bored i get.

Most of the Imperial American Pacific holdings get eaten up by the Chinese, while Hawaii ends up becoming a cluster of eternally warring pro-Chinese, Pro-Imperial, Pro-American, and Pro-Independence cliques.

R9XF1ke.png

"Why has Brussels turned into Washington D.C.? I don't know the answer to that. Why has Berlin become Sacramento? Why does Central Park sit upon the Palatine Hill? Why is Mount Rushmore now found on the Polish side of the Carpathians? Why is Florida now cold and rainy instead of warm and rainy? Why is New Orleans the final stop of the Danube River before it bleeds into the Black Sea? Why is Lady Liberty's golden lamp lifted... in Sicily? We don't know the answers to these questions."
- George H.W. Bush, 1989

We need more of this.

The E.U. alone has over 500 million people, which doesn't include a few countries. The U.S. has something of around 316 million. Europe's going to be underpopulated and continental U.S.A. is probably going to have a bad time. I'm not sure Germany is going to be able to support all of its people now, they might have to annex the western border of Czechslovakia again.

Last edited:
The E.U. alone has over 500 million people, which doesn't include a few countries. The U.S. has something of around 316 million. Europe's going to be underpopulated and continental U.S.A. is probably going to have a bad time. I'm not sure Germany is going to be able to support all of its people now, they might have to annex the western border of Czechslovakia again.

Not really, overall the United States is slightly underpopulated; it's true that Arizona is a terrible place to put lots of people, but you still have the Mountain West, the Mid-West and even some parts of the East that could easily house larger populations than they currently have.

There's no question that there's _space_ for them, the worrying thing is whether US resources are going to feed another 180+ million people in the short term. (Perhaps the Americans in Europe can sell them their surplus, which will be large).

Bruce

Since a lot of the grain currently produced in the northwestern half of the U.S. Get's shipped by rail to Seattle and then to Asia I think we can handle it. By the way you noticed how wrong the switches were while all I noticed is we literally have a border with ISIS now :eek: silly me :p

Not really, overall the United States is slightly underpopulated; it's true that Arizona is a terrible place to put lots of people, but you still have the Mountain West, the Mid-West and even some parts of the East that could easily house larger populations than they currently have.

China and the United States are very similar in size, while one has four times the population of the other, so the U.S. is very much underpopulated for environmental conditions and size.

There's no question that there's _space_ for them, the worrying thing is whether US resources are going to feed another 180+ million people in the short term. (Perhaps the Americans in Europe can sell them their surplus, which will be large).

Bruce

Considering we export the majority of the staple crops we grow to pretty much everywhere I don't think they'd have much of an issue, even more so when you consider Europeans on average eat less than Americans.

Considering we export the majority of the staple crops we grow to pretty much everywhere I don't think they'd have much of an issue, even more so when you consider Europeans on average eat less than Americans.

We export an actual majority of the main crops? You, sir, have succeeded in widening my perceptions of my ignorance. :)

We export an actual majority of the main crops? You, sir, have succeeded in widening my perceptions of my ignorance. :)

Wheat and Grains and stuff yes, I want to say we also export the slight majority of our apples, but I'm not sure on that.

If this is an ISOT, how did the entire population of the US fit into Europe? Great map by the way, and sorry if my question spoils the fun :p

Pretty well, actually. Using 2014 numbers the US has a population of about 390 million people, the EU has about 500 million.

The *US-In-Europe would have to split states up, though, to once again reach fifty. But this is easily possible in Europe. Europe's states are far too big! Even Luxembourg could be a state, and for Germany, you need four or more states.

I will now, with full credit to Sakura_F and maybe predecessors(?) for the idea, post an improved version of this map for 2015. I included Luxembourg (Delaware), Andorra (Ozark/SE Missouri), and changed a few things. I gave the Great Lakes states the role of Finland and the Baltics, with Illinois replacing Lithuania. Also, in Europe, I added German and Italian provinces as states and, naturally, the Baltics.

There is no way that Scotland would accept not being made a state!

Status
Not open for further replies.