R11-QBAM core thread

During this past week, I've been working on reprojections of equirectangular maps to see how to adapt them to QBAM and R-QBAM. However, the problem is that I can't get them to align, and I suppose no one else can either. We all know that QBAM is a drawing of a map, it is not a real projection, and my intention with this new map is to create a reprojection that everyone can continue with a clear and easy methodology, so that anyone can correct the errors.

A few years ago, I started this same project with @Xasper H. , but the reprojection I did was incorrect. After being absent for a long time, I'm here to continue with what I started.

On my deviantart, all the reprojections I've done are centered on the meridian 11º east, so it could be called R11-QBAM to distinguish it from other R-QBAMs that we don't know which meridian they are centered on. I think I've seen at least 2 or 3 R-QBAMs, one of which is the one I made with @Xasper H. . I didn't want to post it in the R-QBAM main thread to avoid mixing reprojections and complicating things further.

In this new thread for this R11-QBAM, I believe we could make progress quickly. If anyone is interested in contributing, the doors are open. This is not my map; it's the map of the ALTHISTORY COMMUNITY, and I hope it is useful to everyone!

PD: For now, I've managed to create a reprojection of the 8KBAM that keeps almost 75% of the edges intact, so with a bit of polishing, the R11-QBAM would be finished in a few more months. Also, in equirectangular, there are resources for almost everything, especially if they are reprojected from 8KBAM.

Last edited:
This is the reprojection at 11º meridian east with borders, lakes and rivers that GProjector provides.

dgirmub-34783831-37b0-4af0-8cd9-fecda2cceda7.png