Required Reading ATL

What is everyone's "Required Reading List" for ATL Fiction and Non-Fiction?

I know mine would include among others:

Lest Darkness Fall - L. Sprague DeCamp: in my mind one of the best for both readability, humor and research.

Lord Kalvan - H.Beam Piper: I like about everything this guy wrote, and this is one of his best.

Island in the Streams of Time - S.M. Stirling: What can you say about a story line that spawned the ISOT?

Draka should be required reading at school, so people can see how truly fucked up the Nazis were. Under The Yoke shows that better than any documentary or visit to the Simon Wiesenthal Center can. And with neo-Nazism becoming more popular, it's needed.

Superman:Red Son which shows that the problem with communism wasn't the idea it was the people using it.
Batman:The Dark Knight Strikes Again meanwhile shows what can go horribly wrong with capitalism.

Draka should be required reading at school, so people can see how truly fucked up the Nazis were. Under The Yoke shows that better than any documentary or visit to the Simon Wiesenthal Center can. And with neo-Nazism becoming more popular, it's needed.
I couldn't agree more. The Draka series was a rather gruesome read at times. The Draka were like Nazis on steroids. Imagine the Draka series made into movies, gruesome, and very graphic indeed.