The Soviet Union Reborn - a TL

FInally a TL on the survival of the USSR. Really enjoying this so far, not least because its well written and you clearly know your stuff. I look forward to more.

I'm simply loving your TL!
May I ask for a couple of clarifications regarding Yugoslavia?

Onkel Willie said:
The majority Albanian region of Kosovo became an autonomous member state within the new Confederal Republic of Yugoslavia, also known as the “Republic of Serbs, Macedonians, Montenegrins and Kosovars”. This new loose federation consisted of four member states, namely Serbia (and the Republika Srpska which was absorbed into the former) Kosovo, Macedonia and Montenegro, which enjoyed autonomy in their internal affairs.

Albeit a rump YU following that model has the best chances of being viable, I find it hard that Serbs would allow Kosovo, their historic province, to secede from Serbia.
The most likely compromise was to restore Kosovo to their previous status of Autonomous Province that was almost equivalent to the status of Republic within old Yugoslavia.
Anyway, albeit you called Kosovo a "state" like the others, your phrasing doesn't actually state that Kosovo is a full Republic, so...

Also: what happened to the Serbs in Croatia with this boost of Serbian strength? Were they defeated too or did they stop irredentist claims in Croatia after the Croats happily partitioned Bosnia with them?