These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

mg853G9.png

jnxIYfz.png

5CU4MG7.png

qQwdf1T.png

ojzHAaW.png
How Guatemala loose... its OTL northern part ( Peten department)?

How Guatemala loose... its OTL northern part ( Peten department)?
They all were part of Mexico one time OTL, so maybe it never joined Guatemala here, or a different border agreement? It looks a bit smoother in my opinion, then again I love straight borders soemtiems knowing they are neither realistic, nor logical in most places OTL, I'm a very visual guy, so maybe the look just pleases me somewhat? ...

Interesting work, I wonder how British, New Englander and Canadian historians would view the Second American Revolution/People's Revolution in the eyes of historians.

I'm wondering what happened to Bolshevik-era figures like Lenin, Trotsky, Tukhachevsky, Bukharin, and others in TTL with the lives of historical figures known for introducing communism during the OTL Russian Civil War that looked different than OTL.

I can't remember, are there any liberal-democratic republican systems in TTL that's healthy in OTL's sense? For like even Argentina uses the Phrygian cap, so that conjures terroristic images in our minds. I'm assuming Switzerland is still cool, right?

I can't remember, are there any liberal-democratic republican systems in TTL that's healthy in OTL's sense? For like even Argentina uses the Phrygian cap, so that conjures terroristic images in our minds. I'm assuming Switzerland is still cool, right?
Argentina's usage of the Phrygian cap does not mark them as "terroristic," much like how OTL France's use of the fasces in their diplomatic emblem does not mark them as fascists.

Argentina's usage of the Phrygian cap does not mark them as "terroristic," much like how OTL France's use of the fasces in their diplomatic emblem does not mark them as fascists.
Agreed, but the symbol itself is still associated with Jacobians and Fascists. The symbol itself carries certain connotations. Let's not start an ideological debate, but OTL San Marino adopted a crown as part of their coat of arms purely because they saw it as a symbol of sovereignty, but it's still a non-republican headgear.

Agreed, but the symbol itself is still associated with Jacobians and Fascists. The symbol itself carries certain connotations. Let's not start an ideological debate, but OTL San Marino adopted a crown as part of their coat of arms purely because they saw it as a symbol of sovereignty, but it's still a non-republican headgear.
I never disputed their connotations, only that those connotations are not a bellwether of the government's alignment. To use the earlier example, TFS Argentina is a liberal republic which recently elected a left-wing executive, and can honestly be considered the strongest republican nation on the planet...until Australia does their thing, that is.

I never disputed their connotations, only that those connotations are not a bellwether of the government's alignment. To use the earlier example, TFS Argentina is a liberal republic which recently elected a left-wing executive, and can honestly be considered the strongest republican nation on the planet...until Australia does their thing, that is.
Argentina is much stronger than Australia, when Australia does their thing Argentina will remain as the strongest republican nation.

What's up with Formula One TTL, given the international restrictions on ICB engines? Do the racecars have special permissions to keep using petrol-powered machines or have they had to move over to electric?

How would space exploration and technology develop in this TTL?

I'd imagine that there are sets of international rules on engines or different career paths that would effectively slow down the development of space exploration, rocketry, and crew spacecraft.

How would space exploration and technology develop in this TTL?

I'd imagine that there are sets of international rules on engines or different career paths that would effectively slow down the development of space exploration, rocketry, and crew spacecraft.
Significantly more advanced then OTL. Argentina, Russia and the British Empire all maintain large moon bases with populations numbering in the few thousands. Argentina in particular is known for commercial mining of resources on the moon with dubious safety conditions. Although there has been no crewed interplanetary missions yet, each major power launches kilotons of payload into orbit yearly.

Argentina is much stronger than Australia, when Australia does their thing Argentina will remain as the strongest republican nation.
I wouldn't be so sure. On paper, Argentina does possess a stronger economy, and their country certainly possesses a more prominent role in global history, but both nations are constrained geographically, and where Argentina is only now expanding her influence beyond her immediate periphery in South America, Australia has decades of experience as Britain's column in East Asia, with the size of the Royal Australian Coast Guard being indicative of their relevance in this sphere. Being a member of the British Empire has its own boons, and the steep price the country pays to their sovereign is compensated by participation in a free market that spans a fourth of the planet, with protection from the strongest navy marshaled by mankind to boot. Argentina may have a crutch when it comes to their lunar extraction economy, but I'd say the two nations are quite evenly matched when all is said and done.

I wouldn't be so sure. On paper, Argentina does possess a stronger economy, and their country certainly possesses a more prominent role in global history, but both nations are constrained geographically, and where Argentina is only now expanding her influence beyond her immediate periphery in South America, Australia has decades of experience as Britain's column in East Asia, with the size of the Royal Australian Coast Guard being indicative of their relevance in this sphere. Being a member of the British Empire has its own boons, and the steep price the country pays to their sovereign is compensated by participation in a free market that spans a fourth of the planet, with protection from the strongest navy marshaled by mankind to boot. Argentina may have a crutch when it comes to their lunar extraction economy, but I'd say the two nations are quite evenly matched when all is said and done.
Argentina has 90 million more people, and an economy 120 billion pounds larger. I am aware Australia can leverage influence through the empire but they are not in any way in the same league, and sure Argentina has some shaky grounds but the difference is just to large. Argentina is a world power, with the 4th largest economy while Australia isn’t even the second largest power within the empire.

And quite frankly being part of the British empire is exactly why Australia will never be a liberal republican beacon, they are chained to the most influential monarchy in the world.

Last edited:
Argentina has 90 million more people, and an economy 120 billion pounds larger. I am aware Australia can leverage influence through the empire but they are not in any way in the same league, and sure Argentina has some shaky grounds but the difference is just to large. Argentina is a world power, with the 4th largest economy while Australia isn’t even the second largest power within the empire.
Argentina's advantage in populace and economic metric would impress if it wasn't so contained, with the country's presence barely palpable north of the Equator. Australia, on the other, wields not only the third largest navy in the Empire, but also the third largest in the world, with Argentina coming in at fifth. Of course, this is ignoring the fact that any conflict in which Australia becomes embroiled would also likely involve the Royal Navy, the Royal Canadian Coast Guard, and the Royal Cape of Good Hope Coast Guard, which are respectively the first, second, and fourth largest navies, to say nothing of the various other flotillas patrolling the waves at the behest of His Majesty.
And quite frankly being part of the British empire is exactly why Australia will never be a liberal republican beacon, they are chained to the most influential monarchy in the world.
Argentina has some blemishes to answer for, too, it must be noted. The gauchos may not be the same as, say, whatever is going on in the United States, but their republic can only boast fourth place in GDP rankings by casting an exploitative net on their northern neighbor, their policy towards natives is...questionable (and something Kinsantinsuyu probably loves to comment on), and the moon is peppered with Argentine company towns. At least American workers could flee from Pullman's factories before their Revolution; Argentine estralladors can't exactly go on strike when their employers control the air supply shipments.
All around...parity if I've ever seen it.