TL-191: After the End

I'm surprised the US government actually tolerated a state in the union not acknowledging the CSA's crimes here. I figured something like that would've had Washington withhold state and/or federal funding for Mississippi until they change their tune.

In this specific case it was the city government of Jackson, not the state government of Mississippi. Unfortunately there were a number of city and state governments in the Midsouth to officially acknowledge the crimes of the Destruction.

In our timeline, Southern states (like Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, Florida, and even Arkansas) are growing and gaining numbers. Does the South in this timeline experience something similar?

By 2024, most of the Midsouth, a region that includes the former CSA excluding Cuba, Texas, Sonora, and Chihuahua, has not experienced the same levels of economic growth that the US South from our world experienced after the Second World War. While some areas of the Midsouth became wealthier than others after the end of the Second Great War, the region did not recover demographically or economically from its disastrous early 20th Century.

If I have understand correctly every Confederate memorial and statue were destroyed. That is really logical surely. Did Americans too destroy all graves of Confederate Founding Fathers like Jefferson Davis' or Robert E. Lee's graves

After the end of the Second Great War, the US authorities demolished all monuments that had been constructed at the grave sites of the early Confederate leaders.

When did confederate POWs were allowed to be released and how many did got released by US authorities?

After the end of the Second Great War, most former Confederate POWs were ultimately allowed to return to their homes, either in the US Midsouth or the Republic of Texas.

The POWs who were discovered to have been involved in war crimes of crimes related to the Destruction were not released.

After the end of the Second Great War, most former Confederate POWs were ultimately allowed to return to their homes, either in the US Midsouth or the Republic of Texas.

The POWs who were discovered to have been involved in war crimes of crimes related to the Destruction were not released.
What year did the Confederate troops were allowed to return to their homes?

What are some big TV shows that exist in TTL? Given the US's large alliance are there many TV shows that take place in both the US and the countries they're aligned with?

During the late 20th Century and early 21st Century, popular fiction genres for television in the United States included domestic comedies, workplace comedies, detective shows and police dramas, Westerns, and science fiction. There were also shows that were set in the US military, which were known as military dramas or military comedies.

Television in the United States was more bland and conformist compared to our world. There were no shows as iconic as I Love Lucy, M*A*S*H, Gunsmoke, The Twilight Zone, Star Trek, Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, Seinfeld or The Sopranos from our world.

-
For my reply, I’m not including the popular US animation television shows or game shows from the late 20th Century and early 21st Century.

During the 1950s, popular US television shows included melodramas like Our Home, The Apartment, Front Window, and Day and Night; comedies like Bugle Call, Johnny Came Back, and The Biggest Band; Westerns like Captain Canyon, Fort Stoneheart, and Lucky Louis; science fiction dramas like Star Pioneers and The United States of Earth.

During the 1960s, popular US television shows included melodramas like Summertime Sun, This Great Home, and Philadelphia Place; comedies like To Reno With Dough, Laughing All The Way, and Three Cheers for Captain Brawn; Westerns like Gold Fields, Union Scouts, and Bud Rock: Caravan Guard; science fiction dramas like Satellite of Liberty, Moon of America, The Iron Butler, and The Neptune Sentinel; police procedurals and crime dramas like Bureau of Justice, Agent Porter, and New York Squad.

During the 1970s, television was the one artistic medium in the United States that was not influenced by the American Nihilist cultural movement, but some of the decade’s cultural cynicism and pessimism was reflected in military comedies like Repair This! and Reveille or science fiction dramas like Dimensional Gate and The Lost Expedition. Other popular US television shows included domestic comedies like Forget-Me-Not, The Wyoming Family and On Our Way; melodramas like Ambulance Chasers and Get It Back; science fiction shows like Stellar Bazaar, Comet Wranglers and Captain and Crew; police procedurals and crime shows like Throwing the Book, The Mighty Force, Squad Supreme and Underworld.

During the 1980s, popular US television shows included melodramas like Club Foreign, City in Shadows, and Victory Alley; military comedies like Private Failure, Summertime March, and Corporal Joint; military dramas like Long Way Home, Together Together and My Bride Back Home; science fiction shows like Alternate Histories, They Conquered, and Our Milky Way; workplace comedies like Lost and Found, Toronto Tony, The Promotion, and Boss of the Joint; police procedurals and crime shows like Down The Town, Bureau of Vengeance, and Righteous Justice. There was also a temporary revival of Westerns on US television in the mid-1980s after the successful remake of the German Western series To The Great Pacific.

During the 1990s, popular US television shows included melodramas like Evenings of Our Dawn, Country Escape, and West by Alberta; domestic comedies like Those Neighbors, King of San Francisco and The Family Barbecue; military comedies like Cruiser Crew Cut, Razor Sharp, and Jim Victory; military dramas like Last Pacific War and Military Hospital; science fiction shows like The Jupiter Destroyer, The Time Musketeers and The Star Empire; police procedurals and crime shows like The Bronx Station, Tom Authority: PI, The Blue Fortress, and Midnight Criuser.

One US show that aired from 1989 to 2000 that defied easy genre classification was Rough Rider, which imagined the administration of a US President modeled on Theodore Roosevelt in a “modern” setting.

Beginning in the 2000s, and continuing into the 2010s, there was an increasing variety in the number of television channels in the United States, though this did not necessarily lead to a concurrent expansion in new genres of fiction in the medium. During the 2000s, popular US television shows included melodramas like Football Hospital, The Immigrants, and Road To Tomorrow; domestic comedies like Prince of San Francisco, Right Side of the Tracks, and Principal Coward; workplace comedies like Lumber and Plumber, Cubicle Cole, and Mailroom; military comedies like Seven Seas, Stratosphere Sonny, and Secure That Perimeter; military dramas like Protect the Nation and Sergeant Samson: All American; science fiction shows like The Infiltrators, The Heart of the Galaxy and The Endless Earths; American Fantasy shows like The Land of Stormalong and Quest for New Concord; police procedurals and crime shows like Sheriff in Town, Case Cracked, and Detective Daring.

During the 2010s, popular US television shows included melodramas like Divorce Court, Sea of Cortez, and Brinkman’s Ship; domestic comedies like Lottery Street, John and Jane Zookeeper, and The Family Airship; workplace comedies like Solar City, Year After Year, and The Singing Stockbroker; military comedies like Drill Sergeant Friendly and Rest Assured; military dramas like The Last Regiment and Prepare for Peace; science fiction shows like Star Carrier Orion and Ship of Fools; American Fantasy shows like The Skookum Hunter and The Forest of Fear; police procedurals and crime shows like The Prosecutor, and Bureau of Investigation.

Last edited:
During the late 20th Century and early 21st Century, popular fiction genres for television in the United States included domestic comedies, workplace comedies, detective shows and police dramas, Westerns, and science fiction. There were also shows that were set in the US military, which were known as military dramas or military comedies.

Television in the United States was more bland and conformist compared to our world. There were no shows as iconic as I Love Lucy, M*A*S*H, Gunsmoke, Star Trek, Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, Seinfeld or The Sopranos from our world.

-
For my reply, I’m not including the popular US animation television shows or game shows from the late 20th Century and early 21st Century.

During the 1950s, popular US television shows included melodramas like Our Home, The Apartment, Front Window, and Day and Night; comedies like Bugle Call, Johnny Came Back, and The Biggest Band; Westerns like Captain Canyon, Fort Stoneheart, and Lucky Louis; science fiction dramas like Star Pioneers and The United States of Earth.

During the 1960s, popular US television shows included melodramas like Summertime Sun, This Great Home, and Philadelphia Place; comedies like To Reno With Dough, Laughing All The Way, and Three Cheers for Captain Brawn; Westerns like Gold Fields, Union Scouts, and Bud Rock: Caravan Guard; science fiction dramas like Satellite of Liberty, Moon of America, The Iron Butler, and The Neptune Sentinel; police procedurals and crime dramas like Bureau of Justice, Agent Porter, and New York Squad.

During the 1970s, television was the one artistic medium in the United States that was not influenced by the American Nihilist cultural movement, but some of the decade’s cultural cynicism and pessimism was reflected in military comedies like Repair This! and Reveille or science fiction dramas like Dimensional Gate and The Lost Expedition. Other popular US television shows included domestic comedies like Forget-Me-Not, The Wyoming Family and On Our Way; melodramas like Ambulance Chasers and Get It Back; science fiction shows like Stellar Bazaar, Comet Wranglers and Captain and Crew; police procedurals and crime shows like Throwing the Book, The Mighty Force, Squad Supreme and Underworld.

During the 1980s, popular US television shows included melodramas like Club Foreign, City in Shadows, and Victory Alley; military comedies like Private Failure, Summertime March, and Corporal Joint; military dramas like Long Way Home, Together Together and My Bride Back Home; science fiction shows like Alternate Histories, They Conquered, and Our Milky Way; workplace comedies like Lost and Found, Toronto Tony, The Promotion, and Boss of the Joint; police procedurals and crime shows like Down The Town, Bureau of Vengeance, and Righteous Justice. There was also a temporary revival of Westerns on US television in the mid-1980s after the successful remake of the German Western series To The Great Pacific.

During the 1990s, popular US television shows included melodramas like Evenings of Our Dawn, Country Escape, and West by Alberta; domestic comedies like Those Neighbors, King of San Francisco and The Family Barbecue; military comedies like Cruiser Crew Cut, Razor Sharp, and Jim Victory; military dramas like Last Pacific War and Military Hospital; science fiction shows like The Jupiter Destroyer, The Time Musketeers and The Star Empire; police procedurals and crime shows like The Bronx Station, Tom Authority: PI, The Blue Fortress, and Midnight Criuser.

One US show that aired from 1989 to 2000 that defied easy genre classification was Rough Rider, which imagined the administration of a US President modeled on Theodore Roosevelt in a “modern” setting.

Beginning in the 2000s, and continuing into the 2010s, there was an increasing variety in the number of television channels in the United States, though this did not necessarily lead to a concurrent expansion in new genres of fiction in the medium. During the 2000s, popular US television shows included melodramas like Football Hospital, The Immigrants, and Road To Tomorrow; domestic comedies like Prince of San Francisco, Right Side of the Tracks, and Principal Coward; workplace comedies like Lumber and Plumber, Cubicle Cole, and Mailroom; military comedies like Seven Seas, Stratosphere Sonny, and Secure That Perimeter; military dramas like Protect the Nation and Sergeant Samson: All American; science fiction shows like The Infiltrators, The Heart of the Galaxy and The Endless Earths; American Fantasy shows like The Land of Stormalong and Quest for New Concord; police procedurals and crime snd shows like Sheriff in Town, Case Cracked, and Detective Daring.

During the 2010s, popular US television shows included melodramas like Divorce Court, Sea of Cortez, and Brinkman’s Ship; domestic comedies like Lottery Street, John and Jane Zookeeper, and The Family Airship; workplace comedies like Solar City, Year After Year, and The Singing Stockbroker; military comedies like Drill Sergeant Friendly and Rest Assured; military dramas like The Last Regiment and Prepare for Peace; science fiction shows like Star Carrier Orion and Ship of Fools; American Fantasy shows like The Skookum Hunter and The Forest of Fear; police procedurals and crime shows like The Prosecutor, and Bureau of Investigation.
A world without Star Trek would be quite a sad world for me, and I'm also guessing films like Star Wars doesn't exist in ITLL either? My offline friends will probably kill me for saying this, but I have watched, and thoroughly enjoyed, both.

What are the plots of Alternate Histories and To The Great Pacific? I also can't help but be curious as to what is the status of British Television in the post ~ Second Great War era.

What's the status of the Orient Express ITTL? And what are the most famous historic/luxury trains ITTL?

The Orient Express ceased to function with the outbreak of the Second Great War in Europe, though it had already been in decline since the end of the First Great War. The devastation of Paris in the German superbomb attack of 1944 ended expectations that the Orient Express would resume service.

During the late 20th Century, the Orient Express was replaced with the Near East Express, a jointly managed German and Austro-Hungarian luxury railway that connected Berlin and Vienna with Constantinople. The Near East Express eventually entered into a period of decline because of the emergence of competition in the form of high speed rail and air travel, as well as the successive crises that ultimately led to the beginning of the Ottoman Dissolution in the early 2010s.

-
By 2024, there are different luxury train lines in different nations, though they tend to be more common in the European Community, Bharat, and the Russian Republic. Popular luxury trains include the Pride of the Nation in Bharat, the Imperial Express in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and the Blue Dawn Line in the Russian Republic.

A world without Star Trek would be quite a sad world for me, and I'm also guessing films like Star Wars doesn't exist in ITLL either? My offline friends will probably kill me for saying this, but I have watched, and thoroughly enjoyed, both.

What are the plots of Alternate Histories and To The Great Pacific? I also can't help but be curious as to what is the status of British Television in the post ~ Second Great War era.

Alternate Histories was a science fiction show that had as its premise a US government agency that investigated different worlds through dimensional portals, each with their own alternate history to the home dimension. It has a similar concept to the series Sliders from our world, though this series portrays dimensional travel as safety under the management of the US government in pursuit of US national interests.

-
To The Great Pacific was an originally a popular Western series from the German Empire, which followed a group of eccentric pioneers as they crossed the United States in the 19th for California. This series was adopted from a bestselling series of Western novels that were written in the 1950s and 1960s by the German novelist August Abeln. The US adaptation, while generally following the German original series in terms of its plot, downplayed the humor of the German series and Abeln’s Western novels.

What are the plots of these two early Sci-fi series, and do they occupy a similar role as Star Trek IOTL?

The series Star Pioneers was a Western that was set in Outer Space, and followed the adventures of a family of future American colonists on a desert planet.

The series The United States of Earth had as its setting a futuristic interstellar nation, the United States of Earth, which was portrayed as a benevolent futuristic version of the United States expanding into the cosmos. The series followed the captain and crew of the star carrier Theodore Roosevelt as it battled against alien enemies and rebel traitors.

Neither series was as iconic or long lasting as the Star Trek franchise from our world. An attempt to revive The United States of Earth after the end of the Fourth Pacific War in the early 1970s proved to be a failure. However, both series were influential for later US science fiction television series. Star Pioneers was one of the first mainstream US science fiction series on television to offer commentary on social and political issues, though these aspects of the show gradually faded as the series neared its ultimate cancellation.

The United States of Earth was not the first US work of science fiction to portray aliens as external enemies to humanity, but it did help popularize this foreboding image of extraterrestrials to wider popular audience.

The United States of Earth also inspired a popular German science fiction series that aired during the 1960s called Soldiers of the Star Empire, which had as its setting a future interstellar nation, the Star Empire, which was portrayed as a benevolent futuristic version of the German Empire expanding into the cosmos. The series followed the captain and crew of the star cruiser Frederick the Great as it battled against alien enemies.

What is the state of British television post ~ Second Great War era?

I am also wondering what happened to Nicholas II of Russia in the end and how he'd be perceived by Russians in this universe.

So given you mentioned Charleston having not ever recovered from the war, even less than Richmond, what became of Charleston after its superbombing?