TL85: What if Warner didn't lose its cable networks?

When does jetix become a thing?
Around 2002 or so.

Disney ITTL doesn't acquire Fox Family Worldwide and Saban (now having his library forcefully separated from the rest of Fox Family) signs with Disney instead after a dispute with him and Fox regarding the management of Fox Family Worldwide.

mainline-events
I just had a what-if for Warner Bros. a couple of days back (and yes, it's around the mid-90s, which I chose to skip, don't worry, I'll get back to late 90s-early 00's after this)

What if... Warner Bros owned DreamWorks?

You might be thinking that this is a bit stupid, but consider the following:

1. Warner has no New Line, since that's with Paramount
  2. DreamWorks OTL made some shows for Nickelodeon and NBC (Penguins of Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda: LOA, Monsters Vs Aliens, Father Of The Pride)
  3. Warner needs something to stand up in the modern-day animation industry, considering that they have no Hanna-Barbera (they have Nicktoons, but that counts as half of a leg though, DreamWorks could make that other leg complete)

But DreamWorks ITTL would be different than OTL, so here it is:

1. DreamWorks Pictures and Animation don't split in 2004, they actually got the other stake of the founders (Spielberg, Katzenberg, Geffen) bought up by Warner in 2005. The former is now a label of Warner Bros for arthouse movies, while the latter remains as its seperate studio.
  2. DreamWorks Animation here is different than OTL, you see, they're Warner's "premiere animation" division, and that means that they would have films catered to a general audience instead of families (so expect adult animation like Beavis and Butt-Head Do America, South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut, and even Ren and Stimpy to join the DWA lineup)
  3. Continuing on the "general audiences" schtick, We'd strip out what I think are some of the weaker films that DreamWorks made (Boss Baby, Trolls, The Croods, etc.) transferring them over to Paramount's animation division (name pending), while we make some of their films PG-13 (i.e. Shark Tale, which ITTL will be called Sharkslayer, and will feature more emphasis on Oscar's shady tactics and egotisticism. and Madagascar, which would put some shine on Gloria and Melman's relationship, while adding in some language to certain characters like the grandmother. Heck, even Shrek's being put as PG-13 ITTL)
  4. We'd have DWA not limit themselves to CGI and allow them to do traditional animation and still distribute Aardman's films internationally.
  5. DWTVA would instead be focusing on adult animation and experimental TV shows (with sometimes TV shows based on DreamWorks IP, but they won't do that as much)
  6. We'd resurrect some cancelled movies like B.O.O and Me And My Shadow into the lineup, while taking some sequels like Megamind 2 and actually make it a solid sequel to the original (Shrek The Third won't exist though)
  7. We could have Steven Spielberg do creative operations with Katzenberg and Brandt/Cevrone to run the animation studio and its sister counterpart, Warner Bros. Animation. Considering that Spielberg had some ties with Warner before DreamWorks existed.
  8. PDI here would exist as a multipurpose effects studio for Warner Bros, DreamWorks and even other studios. (They'd mostly compete with Pixar and ILM in terms of everything)

Alrighty that's all I've got for DreamWorks and Warner Bros. Hope y'all like it.

Last edited:
I just had a what-if for Warner Bros. a couple of days back (and yes, it's around the mid-90s, which I chose to skip, don't worry, I'll get back to late 90s-early 00's after this)

What if... Warner Bros owned DreamWorks?

You might be thinking that this is a bit stupid, but consider the following:

1. Warner has no New Line, since that's with Paramount
  2. DreamWorks OTL made some shows for Nickelodeon and NBC (Penguins of Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda: LOA, Monsters Vs Aliens, Father Of The Pride)
  3. Warner needs something to stand up in the modern-day animation industry, considering that they have no Hanna-Barbera (they have Nicktoons, but that counts as half of a leg though, DreamWorks could make that other leg complete)

But DreamWorks ITTL would be different than OTL, so here it is:

1. DreamWorks Pictures and Animation don't split in 2004, they actually got the other stake of the founders (Spielberg, Katzenberg, Geffen) bought up by Warner in 2005. The former is now a label of Warner Bros for arthouse movies, while the latter remains as its seperate studio.
  2. DreamWorks Animation here is different than OTL, you see, they're Warner's "premiere animation" division, and that means that they would have films catered to a general audience instead of families (so expect adult animation like Beavis and Butt-Head Do America, South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut, and even Ren and Stimpy to join the DWA lineup)
  3. Continuing on the "general audiences" schtick, We'd strip out what I think are some of the weaker films that DreamWorks made (Boss Baby, Trolls, The Croods, etc.) transferring them over to Paramount's animation division (name pending), while we make some of their films PG-13 (i.e. Shark Tale, which ITTL will be called Sharkslayer, and will feature more emphasis on Oscar's shady tactics and egotisticism. and Madagascar, which would put some shine on Gloria and Melman's relationship, while adding in some language to certain characters like the grandmother. Heck, even Shrek's being put as PG-13 ITTL)
  4. We'd have DWA not limit themselves to CGI and allow them to do traditional animation and still distribute Aardman's films internationally.
  5. DWTVA would instead be focusing on adult animation and experimental TV shows (with sometimes TV shows based on DreamWorks IP, but they won't do that as much)
  6. We'd resurrect some cancelled movies like B.O.O and Me And My Shadow into the lineup, while taking some sequels like Megamind 2 and actually make it a solid sequel to the original (Shrek The Third won't exist though)
  7. We could have Steven Spielberg do creative operations with Katzenberg and Brandt/Cevrone to run the animation studio and its sister counterpart, Warner Bros. Animation. Considering that Spielberg had some ties with Warner before DreamWorks existed.
  8. PDI here would exist as a multipurpose effects studio for Warner Bros, DreamWorks and even other studios. (They'd mostly compete with Pixar and ILM in terms of everything)

Alrighty that's all I've got for DreamWorks and Warner Bros. Hope y'all like it.
I've gotta a what if for ya, what if disney outbids Turner and aquires Hanna barbera?

Alright, I'm still having Viacom acquire HB. While I think Disney getting them is cool, I would say that it could kill competition and perhaps erdaicate CN. And I'm gonna keep it at that.

mainline-events
and because I'm too lazy to write this myself in the thread... here it is:
1714048119777.png

1714048153861.png

1714048179727.png

1714048204097.png

1714048222469.png

1714048241214.png

(this was before I watched Button of Doom, which is actually better than the piece of shit that is Megamind Vs. The Doom Syndicate)
1714048304703.png

(Illumination doesn't exist ITTL, mind you)
1714048354328.png

yes, my discord profile's changed from Po to Rigby.

and it will regularly change

Last edited:
mainline-events New

UPDATE POST NUMERO TRES​

RETURNED TO SPANISH NUMBERING SYSTEM, HELL YEAH!!​

(unsuprisingly at home rn, April 30, 2024)​

first post in a long time, eh?

well, I cooked too much ideas that are HUGE for this timeline:

Soo, a couple of things out of the way...

KLASKY CSUPO JOINS TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX​

yes, that's right. I'm putting the studio behind Rugrats onto Fox instead of Nickelodeon for two logical reasons. The first reason is that I'd want to make more room for Warner Bros. cartoons on Nickelodeon (considering that this timeline is basically about that), and the second reason is that Klasky-Csupo used to work on animation services for The Simpsons before Season 4.

Also, this could help Fox because at least Klasky-Csupo could cover for the Saban shows that were pulled off due to a management dispute, so expect the Power Rangers to land on another network after Saban and said network's owner sign a deal.

and please keep in mind that Klasky-Csupo (as an animation studio) would merge with Film Roman, while the rest of the company becomes a copyright holder co-owned with Arlene Klasky and Gabor Csupo, Film Roman, and to nobody's surprise... 20th Century Fox

speaking of Nickelodeon shows moving to other networks to make room for WB cartoons...

OTL NICKELODEON SHOWS MOVING TO OTHER NETWORKS​

MAINLINE SHOWS​

- Fairly OddParents! & Danny Phantom (same reason as Rugrats and all the other shows, Butch Hartman previously worked at Hanna-Barbera outside our timeline, and yes, Disney aired the show in certain territories [won't happen ITTL], but well, since Nick needs space for Warner 'toons [including Pokémon], the CARTOON NETWORK might fit as their new home. [also, Bunsen gets released earlier around the Yes! era, and actually does well])
- My Life as a Teenage Robot (probably same reason as Butch, Renzetti previously worked at H-B. and there was also a scrapped crossover with PPG OTL and a fake backdoor pilot video, but it sorta made sense to put XLJ-9 on the Checkerboard network)
- Jimmy Neutron (now, I know what YOU are thinking, "are you gonna move Jimmy to CN? because they got a crossover with Fairly OddParents outside our timeline" but it won't happen, instead, we will put it on Fox Family of all channels because, y'know, CGI won't work for CN, especially VeggieTales level of CGI. the movie's gonna be distributed by Fox instead, and the Jimmy crossover could be eradicated in favor of a PPG crossover for FOP.)
- Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island (Isn't Coconut Fred a WB show? you may ask, again... yes, but since WB owns Nick, there's gonna be internal rivalry with SpongeBob here... I'm gonna move it to Fox Family yet again... because I don't think it works for Disney and it's too dumb for CN.)

don't worry though, Aang, Zim and Rudy are gonna be safe here, Nick would have more room for more shows.

PRESCHOOL SHOWS​

- Dora The Explorer (arguably one of Nick Jr.'s most iconic shows, if you ever existed, you'd be aware of HER existing. It's a hard sacrifice, but off to Qubo you go! [I had to do this to make room for motherfucking Baby Looney Tunes])
-
Peppa Pig (I was initially wanting to scrap Wonder Pets and move that to Qubo, but I would rather choose Peppa anyday. I mean, she did air on Cartoon Network outside of our timeline anyway. [she's iconic too, but not remembered AS fondly as Dora. but hey, that's a good sacrifice just so that Sesame Street could go in])
-
Wow Wow Wubbzy! (now that's an absolute f*cking masterpiece, one of my favorite childhood shows, I'd say. I would have moved it to Qubo, but I chose to move it to Fox Family for the fact that NewsCorp owns Starz IMTL. it could help Fox's Sprout take a stand against Playhouse Disney, Qubo and Nick Jr.)
-
Bubble Guppies (it's a show about mermaids, I don't think it feels Nick Jr. to me, I would've sacrificed PAW Patrol but I chose another show that I could sacrifice yet not lose some value. GO TO EITHER PLAYHOUSE DISNEY OR QUBO I DON'T FUCKING CARE!; and oh, its replacement would be Kerwhizz, a show some guy on Discord couldn't shut up about, to be honest, I think it feels unique for the network.)

whew, taken care of all of those shows, let me take a break...

*forgets mentioning Spielberg...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Universal messes with Steven Spielberg's next movie and Spielberg is so disappointed he took the rights to his movies and signed a deal with Warner Bros. instead... (it's in the eighties by the way)​

ah sweet, now that I have taken care of all of that... allow me to talk about Hanna-Barbera...

Hanna-Barbera Animation​

Hanna-Barbera Animation is an American animation studio currently owned by Viacom Corporation, it has currently four divisions as of now (Television, Animation, Experimental, Williams Street), and they produce programs for Cartoon Network, Qubo, [adult swim] and CNX...

it is this timeline's equivalent to Cartoon Network Studios and Paramount Animation​

WHEW!

this has taken long for me to finish

hope you all had fun with this stupid ass article