WI: Austro-Hungarian victory at Marchfeld, but both Rudolf and Ottokar die?

IOTL Rudolf was almost killed in the Battle of Marchfeld, but the timely arrival of Ulrich von Kapellen's cavalry broke the Bohemian army and Ottokar was killed in turn.

So what if Rudolf if killed in the melee just as the relief force arrives (or injured, but succumbs to his wounds later), but they still manage to rout the Bohemians and kill Ottokar?
This way Ladislaus of Hungary remains the sole victor of the battle. How could this change the power dynamics in the region?

I like that you've described as Austro-Hungarian. The description is accurate, but means something different in more recent history.

How plausible is an early union between Bohemia, Austria and Hungary? Ladislaus IV seemed capable, but his only real pillar of power to rely on were the Cumans. Could he build himself other powerbases in Austria and Bohemia to secure his rule through all of his realms?

How plausible is an early union between Bohemia, Austria and Hungary? Ladislaus IV seemed capable, but his only real pillar of power to rely on were the Cumans. Could he build himself other powerbases in Austria and Bohemia to secure his rule through all of his realms?
Extremely implausible, since both Ottokar II and Rudolf of Hapsburg had sons - Wenceslaus II and Albert I - to succeed them as King of Bohemia and Margrave of Moravia and Duke of Austria and of Styria respectively.

Extremely implausible, since both Ottokar II and Rudolf of Hapsburg had sons - Wenceslaus II and Albert I - to succeed them as King of Bohemia and Margrave of Moravia and Duke of Austria and of Styria respectively.
Yeah, now that you mention it... I don't know what was I thinking...

Big question is what becomes of Austria, Styria and Carinthia.

OTL, Rudolf claimed them as having been forfeited to the Empire - but with his death his claim lapses, as his son isn't Emperor and may well never be (OTL they elected Adolf of Nassau after Rudolf, but that was 13 years later).

I've a vague recollection that the rulers of Baden had a claim on them, but whether they could have enforced it is another matter/

Big question is what becomes of Austria, Styria and Carinthia.

OTL, Rudolf claimed them as having been forfeited to the Empire - but with his death his claim lapses, as his son isn't Emperor and may well never be (OTL they elected Adolf of Nassau after Rudolf, but that was 13 years later).

I've a vague recollection that the rulers of Baden had a claim on them, but whether they could have enforced it is another matter/
Well, the first Battle of Marchfeld a few years earlier was between the Czechs and Hungarians over the control of Styria, if I'm not mistaken. There's a possiblity thus, that Ladislaus IV would atleast try to grab that part of the former Babenberg lands, if Albert fails to enforce his claim over those lands.