WI: Franco-Swiss War of 1860

Yes really

As part of securing French support for Italian unification, Sardinia-Piedmont agreed to cede Savoy and Nice to Napoleon III to obtain France's backing in a war with Austria, leading to a French-Italian victory in the Second Italian War of Independence.

Once the secret agreement became public in the Treaty of Turin, the cessions were wildly unpopular with the Italian public and particularly opposed in regards to Nice, as well as a greater break with France over the conclusion of the war and the status of the Papal States.

Savoy in contrast was Francophone and generally supportive of the French annexation, except for in the northern parts which opposed France and wished to join with Switzerland. To deflect unrest Napoleon III initally promised to cede Chablais and Faucigny to Switzerland before changing his mind after a rigged vote in Savoy and Nice ratified the annexation.

The Swiss government was not too bothered by this, although they refused to diplomatically recognized the loss of Savoy. The Swiss public on the other hand was outraged. Both Napoleon III and the Swiss military were wary of the risk that Swiss filibusters might cross the border in support of Savoyard guerrillas and Garibaldists.

So what if Swiss irregulars did attack the French in Savoy and the conflict escalates into war? Probably requires a more belligerent Swiss government to be in power.

While it might seem suicidal for Switzerland to fight a great power, they do have wide spread diplomatic support here. Britain didn't want France to gain Savoy and preferred a Swiss annexation OTL, while Austria would also support Switzerland as a way to retaliate against France and drive a wedge between them and Italy. Even France's ally Italy is more likely to sympathize with Switzerland. Giuseppe Garibaldi was born in Nice and a vocal opponent of the Treaty of Turin. In this case he would likely lead volunteers and his Hunters of the Alps to fight against the French. So Switzerland's hope would likely be to keep the war going long enough for international pressure to cause Napoleon III to back off. Meanwhile in favor of France, they have a much bigger army if they want to use it.

In the event of a Swiss victory, would Switzerland be more willing to accept future opportunities to admit new cantons to the confederacy in the future? If France is victorious, would Napoleon III pursue military adventurerism and seek to annex French speaking Switzerland? Geneva had been annexed and then lost by Napoleon I in 1815, giving Napoleon III another opportunity to reverse the provisions of Vienna. Any impact on Europe outside Switzerland?

Switzerland just came out of the last internal conflict of its history, the Sonderbund War, which saw the victory of northern, Protestant cantons over the Catholic ones.
Even if there was an appetite for conflict, the federal government hardly wants to put that in jeopardy, so you probably need some kind of dumb accident to really ignite the mood.

Though unlikely I could see it as a very interesting conflict that could really shake up Swiss Diplomacy in the future. I could see it as a victory perhaps pushing the Swiss public and future leaders try and push for more Cantons to join the nation. A Loss could either push Switzerland even more into Neutrality or more likely, push them to go against France in the future.

A loss for France could also perhaps destabilize Napoleon III's regime early .

While it might seem suicidal for Switzerland to fight a great power, they do have wide spread diplomatic support here. Britain didn't want France to gain Savoy and preferred a Swiss annexation OTL, while Austria would also support Switzerland as a way to retaliate against France and drive a wedge between them and Italy.
Would Britain help Switzerland if they were the aggressors? Besides (and as far I know) Napoleon III had excellent relations with Britain, at least in comparison with former rulers. I don't know if Britain would like to risk losing that relationship just to help Switzerland gain a few towns.
Austria maybe, and that would probably butterfly the Franco-Prussian War, but I don't know if they could do it knowing France was, more or less, the only ally they had against the Prussians.

Even France's ally Italy is more likely to sympathize with Switzerland. Giuseppe Garibaldi was born in Nice and a vocal opponent of the Treaty of Turin. In this case he would likely lead volunteers and his Hunters of the Alps to fight against the French.
Agreed with Garibaldi, but the Savoys called the shots at that time, and they were the ones who agreed to the treaty. Would Garibaldi deny the treaty and attack France even if that means to jeopardize the legitimacy of the newly formed Kingdom of Italy? The other option would be he going alone with his personal army, but France was not Sicily and I don't think his forces would be enough against the French Army.