WIP Map Thread

Beeg French Colony and successful Dutch colonies in America as well as Germans?
Close enough, Dutch-Hanseatic colonization of OTL New England. Surviving Commonwealth allows French consolidation of its hold over Louisiana eastward. Pennsylvania is a surviving Royalist colony aligned with Dutch and Hanse.

Ok, it is mostly done...
Your obvious boring alt-ww2... but with a twist.
Loos.png

Close enough, Dutch-Hanseatic colonization of OTL New England. Surviving Commonwealth allows French consolidation of its hold over Louisiana eastward. Pennsylvania is a surviving Royalist colony aligned with Dutch and Hanse.
Now working on a larger and later map;

8HbIbDX.png

POŁSKA GUROM

Are all the Balkan states aligned with Poland?
Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria are aligned with Poland, Croatia (along with Austria) is an Italian client, Serbia is part of the Anglo-French alliance system, and Greece is largely neutral although generally friendlier to the latest iteration of republican Russia.

I'm trying to resume my The Sun of Rocroi timeline (currently on pause).
To remind myself of most of the territorial changes between the POD and the next chapter, I had fun making this map of Europe in 1661, at the death of Mazarin and the start of Louis XIV's personal reign.
1689425029699.png

Last edited:
I think Dutchs is veeeeeeeeeeery happy to have border with France
That's right. The Dutch are slightly nervous about the French presence on their southern border.
But this proximity to France had direct consequences for the country's internal politics. The survival of William II of Orange, the establishment of a near-absolute monarchy, a marriage with the Grande Mademoiselle and icy relations with London made France and the Netherlands close allies, and they were to remain so.
To find out more, please read my timeline. :p

Last edited:
1690037708639.png

For ages folks have been asking me, mostly on DeviantArt, about if I'd do an X Indonesias thing.
And I had a couple of ideas...

Now in terms of ground rules, Indonesias for this are 1) postcolonial states, 2) have their center of power in the Nusantaran archipelago, and 3) have at least majority control over at least two of the three islands of Sumatra & Java & Sulawesi.

Now two are still missing to get up to the bare minimum of nine entries, but I like what I have thus far. Anyone already got some guesses (they are pretty easy, honestly)?

View attachment 845734

For ages folks have been asking me, mostly on DeviantArt, about if I'd do an X Indonesias thing.
And I had a couple of ideas...

Now in terms of ground rules, Indonesias for this are 1) postcolonial states, 2) have their center of power in the Nusantaran archipelago, and 3) have at least majority control over at least two of the three islands of Sumatra & Java & Sulawesi.

Now two are still missing to get up to the bare minimum of nine entries, but I like what I have thus far. Anyone already got some guesses (they are pretty easy, honestly)?
The Dutch had an idea of making like a separate republic in the East of Nusantara IIRC thst would contain the islands East of Borneo and Java, seemed to lean a bit in favour of the region’s relatively larger Christian population though East Indonesia was still majority Muslim and had many Muslims in government (especially as it slid further from being a Dutch proxy to integrating with West Indonesia). In this framework the Dutch would keep West Papua and West Indonesia would still qualify as an Indonesia by your definition

The Dutch had an idea of making like a separate republic in the East of Nusantara IIRC thst would contain the islands East of Borneo and Java, seemed to lean a bit in favour of the region’s relatively larger Christian population though East Indonesia was still majority Muslim and had many Muslims in government (especially as it slid further from being a Dutch proxy to integrating with West Indonesia). In this framework the Dutch would keep West Papua and West Indonesia would still qualify as an Indonesia by your definition
I very much had that idea on my mind but after doing research, I found that East Indonesia would have no chance of survival unless that idea starts getting implemented before the outbreak of World War II. The green Indonesia actually is my "realistic" take on the aftermath of that, with the Central and Southern Maluku Islands and East Nusa Tenggara forming a rump "East Indonesia" (rename pending), while the remaining islands join Indonesia.

I very much had that idea on my mind but after doing research, I found that East Indonesia would have no chance of survival unless that idea starts getting implemented before the outbreak of World War II. The green Indonesia actually is my "realistic" take on the aftermath of that, with the Central and Southern Maluku Islands and East Nusa Tenggara forming a rump "East Indonesia" (rename pending), while the remaining islands join Indonesia.
Oh yeah that’s a pretty sensible take, I feel like Sulawesi and the Spice Islands were definitely the odd ones out in East Indonesia in both being larger & more Muslim.

What about a post-British (with annexation in the Napoleonic wars) Indonesia that includes a map showing separatist’s it’s funding in northern Australia which ends up majority Indonesian (mainly Sumatran and Javanese) after the British settle them there as labourers to support the white colonists? Just a thought, IDK how realistic it might be though

1690422048991.png

so i started another new project why do i do this so uh enjoy New Zealand in 1510, 18 years after the Dutch Explorer Christoffel Beckers was the first person to set foot in the New World, and 15 years after the Winter of Death that led to the fracturing of the New Zealand Colony.