Worst movies/TV shows that never existed

The Beatles somehow get to make their version of LOTR with them as the fellowship. Basically it’s a demon spawn of Yellow Submarine, the Baakshi LOTR movie, and that bad Russian version made in the early 90s. They also try to make it all as one film but end production at the battle of helms deep.

FB_IMG_1686380288845.jpg

I just saw this and remembered this thread

Battlefield Earth II (2002)

Jonnie "Goodboy" Tyler (Barry Pepper) and the victorious remant of the human race try to rebuild civilization on Earth only to find that their battles are far from over.

Released two years to the day as the first multiple Golden Raspberry winning film, it swept all the awards that year and tied with the first one as "Worst Movie of the Decade" at the 2010 awards. While stars Forest Whitaker, Barry Pepper & Kelly Preston all managed to have fairly good post-Battlefield careers the same cannot be said for star/producer John Travolta. Reviled by fans of the novel, he met with very little success for nearly 20 years & eventually gave up acting altogether.

NOTE: There indeed was a sequel planned for Battlefield Earth but because it did so badly it (thankfully IMHO) was never made. The part about the stars is my own musings.

Battlefield Earth II (2002)

Jonnie "Goodboy" Tyler (Barry Pepper) and the victorious remant of the human race try to rebuild civilization on Earth only to find that their battles are far from over.

Released two years to the day as the first multiple Golden Raspberry winning film, it swept all the awards that year and tied with the first one as "Worst Movie of the Decade" at the 2010 awards. While stars Forest Whitaker, Barry Pepper & Kelly Preston all managed to have fairly good post-Battlefield careers the same cannot be said for star/producer John Travolta. Reviled by fans of the novel, he met with very little success for nearly 20 years & eventually gave up acting altogether.

NOTE: There indeed was a sequel planned for Battlefield Earth but because it did so badly it (thankfully IMHO) was never made. The part about the stars is my own musings.

Well, there are three novels.
Not that part II or part III are especially good either.

As far as I know, there is only one volume of the book and in the paperback version I read it clocked in at 1066 pages. The other science fiction work by L. Ron Hubbard (that I know of) is a 10-volume series called "Mission Earth" released between 1985-87. He died three months after publication of the first volume.

Worm (2019)

This is a film based off the cult webnovel Worm, a part of the Parahumans universe. In OTL, we previously saw a line from a bad script that would adapt the novel into a TV show or film ("take that, you worm!").

In this timeline, that movie actually gets made because Wildbow is blackmailed or something. It wouldn't be a TV show because it would flop.

It would just be a mockbuster of Spider-Man with none of the originality or horror/goth factor of the original.

As far as I know, there is only one volume of the book and in the paperback version I read it clocked in at 1066 pages. The other science fiction work by L. Ron Hubbard (that I know of) is a 10-volume series called "Mission Earth" released between 1985-87. He died three months after publication of the first volume.

I have a German translation in three volumes. But 1066 pages sounds about right.
I believe the movie really only covered the first one.

WCF14

Banned
Teen Titans Go. That show ruined a whole channel and its never returned to its former glory ever since.