Honestly, any war that takes too long against the USSR only benefits the Soviets because it means they can keep improving their industry and builduing up infrastucture for both war and civilian use, combine that with the Soviets seeking only to defend themselves(for now) and any advance is gonna be much more difficult if not outright impossible as even the strategy of "indepedence movements" will be fought both against loyalists towards the regime as well as the Soviets counter attacking and because they're not pulling a Bagration, they're much better suited for small counter attacks to expell invaders and peraphs invade enemy territory.

Deep Battle was a thing… in ‘42 onwards. Even if the Soviets had adopted the doctrine during Barbarossa, they sure didn’t demonstrate that they learned anything from it during that time - it’s one failure after another until Zhukov steps in.

I’ll say it again: Stalin stepped back after the hands-on approach didn’t work. He was more pragmatic, yes. That’s not the same as “farsighted enough to stall the Wehrmacht before they even get to Kyiv.”
Again. because they were caught in the worst possible time, even the generals admited that they couldn't have foreseen how fast the Germans advanced and would've suffered many defeats before being able to estabilize the front. Laying the blame solely on Stalin, even if has guilt too, is incorrect

Again. because they were caught in the worst possible time, even the generals admited that they couldn't have foreseen how fast the Germans advanced and would've suffered many defeats before being able to estabilize the front. Laying the blame solely on Stalin, even if has guilt too, is incorrect
Where and when specifically did I lay it all on Stalin? I’ve been fairly clear in putting the blame on incompetent generals with outdated equipment, further hobbled by his policies; you’re the one insisting that he’d’ve immediately recognized the danger as far back as the Twenties, created the Bagration-era Red Army from nothing and managed to stalemate the Germans as soon as they invaded. That’s something for the SI threads.

Where and when specifically did I lay it all on Stalin? I’ve been fairly clear in putting the blame on incompetent generals with outdated equipment, further hobbled by his policies; you’re the one insisting that he’d’ve immediately recognized the danger as far back as the Twenties, created the Bagration-era Red Army from nothing and managed to stalemate the Germans as soon as they invaded. That’s something for the SI threads.
I never claimed anything like that, I simply said that he would understand the threat of not having the security of OTL non aggression pact and prepare accordingly, especially as the more time passess the better he can prepare, plus I outright said that they wouldn't be doing any Bagration style offensives but instead have enough power to at least counter attack enough to slowly expulse the Germans out given their superior population and industry

Honestly, any war that takes too long against the USSR only benefits the Soviets because it means they can keep improving their industry and builduing up infrastucture for both war and civilian use, combine that with the Soviets seeking only to defend themselves(for now) and any advance is gonna be much more difficult if not outright impossible as even the strategy of "indepedence movements" will be fought both against loyalists towards the regime as well as the Soviets counter attacking and because they're not pulling a Bagration, they're much better suited for small counter attacks to expell invaders and peraphs invade enemy territory.
Fair. A lot around the potential German-Soviet War is still speculation. We don't know yet how the sides will be set up exactly and how the war will start and evolve. A loss of Ukraine with a Germany better suited for a longer battle will make the situation much harder for the Soviets, but the Germans have to get that far first. We can only wait and see how KaiserKatze devellops the story

Fair. A lot around the potential German-Soviet War is still speculation. We don't know yet how the sides will be set up exactly and how the war will start and evolve. A loss of Ukraine with a Germany better suited for a longer battle will make the situation much harder for the Soviets, but the Germans have to get that far first. We can only wait and see how KaiserKatze devellops the story
Just gonna reiterate that a German-Soviet War is itself speculation

I never claimed anything like that, I simply said that he would understand the threat of not having the security of OTL non aggression pact and prepare accordingly, especially as the more time passess the better he can prepare, plus I outright said that they wouldn't be doing any Bagration style offensives but instead have enough power to at least counter attack enough to slowly expulse the Germans out given their superior population and industry
Population and industry mean very little if they don’t translate into actual output of war material - the ‘41 Soviets were unarguably outmatched in terms of land and air power. The Soviets will eventually match and then surpass German production, but there’s a pretty big gap between then and now which Germany and friends will inevitably take advantage of.

I would actually enjoy if in this tl there wasnt a WW2 scenario , maybe several smaler wars istead , but not likely for what it seams .
I have stated in earlier chapters that there won't be (at least according to current plans) a true WW2 in this world. That does not mean that there won't be a war or wars, but more that there won't be a sense of parallel scale and connection between any two like we have, and that there likely won't be enough overlap of global conflicts for it to feel like a true "world war" like was achieved with the Nazis vs. Europe and Africa alongside Japan vs. Asia and America

I have stated in earlier chapters that there won't be (at least according to current plans) a true WW2 in this world. That does not mean that there won't be a war or wars, but more that there won't be a sense of parallel scale and connection between any two like we have, and that there likely won't be enough overlap of global conflicts for it to feel like a true "world war" like was achieved with the Nazis vs. Europe and Africa alongside Japan vs. Asia and America
OK , missed that detail , thats cool , lets hope much less people die than in otl .

Nope, I am being deliberately vague and enjoying the hell out of doing so
aww, that's just mean lol. You're teasing the hell out of us with the different allusions to future events tho.
I think if Britain, Germany and America are all working to fight the USSR I think Germany could take Belarussia, Ukraine and the Caucasus and hold the line long enough for Stalin to give up.

On a potential flashpoint if the USSR fights Poland and get to Danzig Germany would have no choice but to fight. And an invasion of Yugoslavia would probably force Germany to look at the Balkans.

I think if Britain, Germany and America are all working to fight the USSR I think Germany could take Belarussia, Ukraine and the Caucasus and hold the line long enough for Stalin to give up.
If it's "just" the buffer states, that could have happened OTL with just Germany. Hitler and the Nutzis were just too arrogant to consider it.
In actual history, Stalin made a series of peace offers from 1941–1944. The first in July 1941 offered to cede the Baltics, Ukraine (presumably including the Crimean peninsula which was not then part of Ukraine) to Germany. The second in May 1942 added Belarus to sweeten the pot. Stalin’s third peace offer in May 1943 was a proposed ceasefire along the Soviet Union’s 1938 borders which would have effectively reversed the Hitler-Stalin Pact, while leaving the Germans in control of the Baltic states, eastern Finland, the eastern half of Poland and northeastern Romania all of which had been annexed by the Soviets from 1939–1940.