Blue Skies in Camelot (Continued): An Alternate 80s and Beyond

If you’re going to ask me geniuses, I want this for Philippine Presidents and Vice Presidents ITTL. This is what would I call the best case scenario for the Philippines:

Diosdado Macapagal & Emmanuel Pelaez (LP, 1961-1969)
Jovito Salonga & Lorenzo Tañada (LP, 1969-1977)

Jose Diokno & Salvador Laurel (NP, 1977-1985)
Benigno Aquino, Jr. & Gerardo Roxas (LP, 1985-1993)
Miriam Defensor-Santiago & Ramon Magsaysay, Jr. (NP, 1993-2001)
Raul Roco & Edgardo Angara (LP, 2001-2009)
Fernando Poe, Jr. & Loren Legarda (NP, 2009-2017)
Loren Legarda and Pia Cayetano (NP, 2017-2025)

Leni Robredo and Francis Pangilinan (LP, 2025-2033)

Forgive me for interruption geniuses, but I changed the Philippine Presidents and Vice Presidents ITTL because this is better than I proposed earlier and just followed this one that I did geniuses.

Geniuses, I have an alternate timeline idea here! I learned from the sports documentary of The Dream Team that FIBA (world basketball organization) allowed professional players to play in the Olympics in 1989. What if they did this a decade earlier in 1979 so that all of the famous NBA Players during the 1979-1980 Season could play. The United States and its allies would not boycott the 1980 Summer Olympic Games in Moscow if the Soviets withdrew their troops in Afghanistan by early 1979.
Now that I mentioned this one earlier geniuses, I also want to add another team from our country with some of our greatest PBA (Philippine Basketball Association) Players of the 1979-1980 Season. Imagine the American Basketball Team versus the Philippine Basketball Team, that would be another interesting and one of the most memorable experiences in the 1980 Moscow Olympics.

Last edited:
Geniuses, I want to ask a question. The timeline forgot about on who will be the winners from the Miss Universe, Miss International, Miss World, and Miss Earth from 1963-Onwards ITTL? Is it going to be same like IOTL or there would be a lot of changes ITTL?

Last edited:
1671486125076.png
Wonderful day geniuses! I did some photo enhancing and editing to this image on the cast of Ghostbusters ITTL.
1684477693312.jpg

And here's the final result on what I did geniuses, hope you like it!
1684481526631.jpg

Nice stuff Genius!
Thank you very much genius! With John Belushi surviving his near-death experience, he'll started to clean up his act by going rehab and losing his weight to lead a healthy lifestyle. Eddie Murphy would finally agree and give it a try ITTL thanks to their comedic interaction with Dan Aykroyd in Trading Places, I think he and Belushi would have a best time in sharing with their laughs. Aykroyd gained a weight IOTL due to the death of Belushi, it wont happen and still be fit and thin ITTL. Belushi, Aykroyd, Ramis, and Murphy would already be a star-studded cast in Ghostbusters. I don't know whether Rick Moranis would still be in the movie or John Candy be ITTL? With Part 1 still premiered in 1984 like IOTL, Part 2 in 1989 (hoping that this movie did better than Part 1), and I proposed that Part 3 would premiered in 1994 (asides being one of the best years in movies, hope they did a better script ITTL that they can give a proper send-off to their characters as Ghostbusters for one last time. And whoever actor or actress of the 90's would be, surprised me geniuses). The Ghostbusters Trilogy would be one of the greatest trilogies ITTL. With Eddie Murphy not the lead role in the Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy, I think they would give it originally to Sylvester Stallone ITTL. Instead of action/comedy IOTL, it would be action/crime/thriller like Dirty Harry ITTL.

Last edited:
Something else I'm interested to hear about: What happened to Ron Stallworth? I don't remember if the last thread touched upon his investigation into the Klan, but again, he maybe he could become a prominent figure here. Maybe even have him run for office.

Something else I'm interested to hear about: What happened to Ron Stallworth? I don't remember if the last thread touched upon his investigation into the Klan, but again, he maybe he could become a prominent figure here. Maybe even have him run for office.
That would be cool.

Unrelated but I just reread the whole thing. I really hope Mitt gets a political career later down the line and his father's assassination is a huge moitvation.

Geniuses, I have a question. What and where is Bobby Fischer ITTL? One of the greatest and complicated chess player of all time, and I don't know if he's still playing or went into recluse?

Last edited:
Chapter 122
Chapter 122: Dance the Night Away - The Udall Administration Tackles Energy Policy
m3DFmDcMzU20iM5OXD5a46ADVtWWG65GXkqwYaccYachwDKuAz_pYte6HX0jZ8JHuq1Y0RDzgAzQHvfXYObFwDi4eg45aXnpdpRbQDaZhSVt5iBxuqTnwMKeVycSy3tCJZ2tSTRAcM5r2W5aPilAQhM
LrkFN3dmceKk4jI73W9ItaO1uKTFNLyJc-r7B5kIu_i8ISM_BlU5zHpwMsA8hthlpqO1j2RTWTAtLcUROBygdC6IW5CbEDZhB3VUcabYj4qjOYcmkLvQ-wJ4segQoiPoMPCh0UjPGKlJE0zfvplrtoU

Above: President Mo Udall, addressing reporters outside of Three Mile Island Nuclear Generating Station (TMI) in Londonderry Township, Pennsylvania.​

“A live wire, barely a beginner
But just watch that lady go
She’s on fire, ‘cause dancin’ gets her higher than uh
Anything else she knows…”
- “Dance the Night Away” by Van Halen

“Nuclear power is one hell of a way to boil water.” - Albert Einstein

1979 dawned with President Udall seemingly in a strong position to be re-elected. The economy, though still sluggish, seemed to be showing its first, sputtering signs of recovery. So what that growth in the fourth quarter of the year before had been only a mere two-percent? At least it wasn’t negative. Besides, whipping inflation, and thereby robbing the Republicans of a campaign issue in 1980, was the Administration’s focus at the moment anyhow. Not wanting to tackle major tax reforms (closing loopholes and creating new brackets for the highest earners) before his re-election bid, President Udall instead turned to another of his “Three E’s” - Energy.

The broad strokes of the administration’s energy policy remained the same as they always had been: promoting energy efficiency by implementing strict standards for automobiles, appliances, and industrial processes. These measures, first introduced by federal agencies, then codified into law by an act of Congress just before the midterm elections, aimed to reduce consumption and ease the nation’s dependence on oil.

“It doesn’t hurt,” the President added to his wife, Ella. “That it happens to be good for the environment, too.”

Besides the creation and enforcement of stricter fuel efficiency standards, the federal government also expanded on Romney-era subsidies for smaller, more compact (and thus, more fuel efficient) cars. The late President Romney, once an advocate in this area himself during his time as the head of American Motors, believed that in order to compete long term with foreign manufacturers, Detroit needed to move away from the land-yachts that rolled off the assembly lines and onto the nation’s highways. If anything, the oil shocks which came in the years after his assassination seemed to prove his point. Out of respect, perhaps, for their one-time standard bearer, moderate Republicans, who might have been on the fence about voting for such standards and subsidies, largely grumbled and did so.

Fuel efficiency, however, was just the beginning.

Recognizing the need for a diversified energy portfolio, the Udall administration also invested heavily in renewable energy sources such as wind, solar, and geothermal. Tax incentives and research grants encouraged the growth of these industries. President Udall, in an effort to showcase this effort and make it appeal to the masses, even took the unprecedented step of having solar panels installed on the roof of the White House. He unveiled these in a major ceremony on June 30th, 1979, where he also delivered a televised address, explaining their purpose and encouraging his fellow Americans to do the same for their own homes. Many would throughout the following decades.

2AkUqyB8Ux7OqE3mOwV_dM0lwhHdGy9FlA8QgDWbh0HPDk7vYYAcFzHm_AzhS4Kc-_bgivNEzSX75iMVq0y_xqHfWa0iuaflf4OpqwZiwycGaQdpAIhcDDUmw9d6Mw9hqtn_5hr5kxF9heyK76FHj6o
osOpCJRlzp_b8AGSnmJSJCfS2Y1viFScpkHkphBm7jovLr0FonOWw5Xj3dITR0Izpm3UwN2zp_qhq0S5WhMk5lzQiGGUwt5Ejf6I0rOiYWcF7ulZiz6W4CB3UZmGxiy8ZCrDVhizeJ5MAWhJQbEUCmE
Above: June 30th, 1979, President Mo Udall unveils solar panels on the roof of the White House in a televised ceremony (left); The AMC Pacer, pitched as a “luxury”, fuel-efficient model. It became one of the most iconic cars of the mid to late 1970s (right).

While making cars that were better on gas would certainly be helpful, the administration also wanted to think bigger than that. Since the explosion of the automobile into American life, beginning in the 1920s with the Model T, then again and in a much bigger way after World War II, America’s cities and towns had been radically altered in their planning and design. Where once public transportation networks - particularly railways and cable-cars - had helped Americans commute to and from work and get wherever they needed to go, most of these wound up being abandoned and torn down in the wake of the almighty automobile. Why take the train or the bus when you could drive, in the comfort and privacy of your own car? With gasoline cheap and widely available, few thought about the potential ramifications at the time. Cities and towns were redesigned. Roads were widened. Sidewalks slimmed or vanished entirely. Across America and Canada, it became ever more difficult to walk or bicycle safely in many places. By 1979, and the energy crisis, the time had come for a change.

Though it would not happen overnight, the administration issued internal memos to the Department of Transportation, headed by Secretary Yvonne Burke. Grants, subsidies, and loans would be issued to New York, Los Angeles, and other cities in need of urban renewal. But these would come with the understanding that the cities in question needed to invest in making their cities friendlier to both pedestrians and bicyclists. Public transportation, including bus lanes, subways, and cable cars, was to be encouraged whenever possible. If the nation’s major cities could pioneer a new approach, toward becoming more walkable, and less car-dependent, they would encourage smaller towns and cities to follow suit. They would also have the added benefit of being healthier (better air quality, less smog) and less congested. Not every city took the bait immediately, of course. Most were wary to see if Udall would win a second term. The last thing they wanted was to make one set of long term investments, then have to pull the plug and reverse course if the oil-industry’s darling, Ronald Reagan, won the White House in 1980.

Between his efforts to promote public transportation, and his continued support for the independent high-speed rail lines being developed by Amtrak across the Northeast corridor, the Beltway, Texas, and California, infrastructure was a high priority indeed in the Udall White House. Udall dreamed of connecting these and other, planned lines throughout the coming decades. If successful, then the United States would be able to boast the world’s largest network of passenger rail lines, in addition to the largest network of freight-rail they already possessed. All aboard!

kjU8oII3waGHBvTzQqjQRPbzAPRpNeqju0f7cDMT7V_I5HJfMXuQ20F9-S94enbX7PpLr9G6o1wHekNMEgpsPEg8XiMn__uhplCEFTnCuVMALxqu6mH9qz1OP8yvhhHiItCuRS7UwOR7sTtM79sXkNM
oPQ9TBcZmzogBXP10S7hmZ1byC30qgIndUkQ4iGr_4ek1cKLyUQ-VorUP8xcvXh5T_pw3mGxPz2QgWH0mUk0BLwY0Xxd0VABWPV2R5InUFvIhB53C05gm2EXFXK7bI04QPqCCa3hro4tUV0nCGqHhPw

Above: Concept art for the “AmeriRapid Express”, the first proposed high-speed rail line to be operated by Amtrak (Author’s Note: AI generated art)​

Of course, these and other proposals (such as the initiative for electric cars) made Udall persona non grata to the fossil fuel industry. Despite their own internal research having known since the 1950s about the “greenhouse effect”, as well as the looming threat of “peak oil”, which could come at any time, and for the United States, may have already happened, the giants of the industry failed to grasp the potential consequences of their actions. Perhaps, this was done intentionally. Oil and gas were lucrative. Very lucrative. Best of all, they held the most secure of all possible relationships with their clients - addiction. So long as cars ran on gasoline, and the people needed their cars, then they needed gas. The giants would profit. But Udall, this pencil-necked geek, this tree-hugging liberal, wanted to ruin that. They wouldn’t hear of it.

Throughout the 1976 campaign, they smeared the then Congressman in the press. They paid for advertisements across the nation, trying to discredit Udall on energy. These efforts redoubled during the 1978 midterms, as the President proved that he was serious on taking the “Seven Sisters” to court. More on that in a moment.

In Congress, conservative politicians, largely Republicans, allied with the industry’s powerful lobbying arm. They decried Udall’s policies, and demanded that he take a more balanced approach.

Despite their best efforts, however, the fossil fuel industry wildly misjudged the Arizona Cowboy, as well as his support among the American people. The public were outraged, not at the President, whom they felt was standing up for them and for the environment, but at the very oil and gas giants themselves.

In the midst of record inflation and economic stagnation, when the very essence of the American Dream seemed to be burning to ashes around them, the people watched as the fossil fuel industry made record profits. The people weren’t stupid. And though the conservative press, namely the National Review and its allies, tried to pillory President Udall, the strawman image they created of him, as the hopelessly impractical tree-hugger, was outclassed by another, popularized by a political cartoon in the Washington Post. This cartoon, which featured a caption reading, “there’s a new Sheriff in town!” depicted President Udall, complete with ten-gallon hat, six-shooter, and gold-star badge, dragging the “crooks” - the assembled fossil fuel companies - to jail. The cartoon, which would become the first in a series and win several awards, reminded many historians of the depictions of Theodore Roosevelt, a hero of Udall’s, taking on the great monopolies and trusts at the turn of the century. Udall welcomed the comparison.

ddQaUsBQkk2K3Y6QZNFXCv0MevtuuUo_PcENl6bfn7k6_3ED0t73trMDcJW50Ex0c-mO25dSz6e7IA42AgQa4CTmE7_SOJOo2o13kluwnflhriap-hHhVWVNykEWV0KGre_-u8jJYTUBO0CvhzI0pfI
NZ6-QHYufG-25e5MrmM0HvkyKXz-srDfR7L0XrnyKMTp99r4fak1P5O8Xnjtdvo2n2H0Sc_SMTbDk38u30GjsvzcZcLUfakVXoUzuFC_F5XhUG8ufNsaeczF0EXKcprQvwBQnZmCEQLJV7-mZ4aygg8
Above: “There’s a new Sheriff in town!” - President Mo Udall (left, Art generated using AI); Attorney General Archibald Cox, giving a press conference just after the Supreme Court’s decision is announced (right).

Though the President appeared to be modestly winning in the court of public opinion, how was he faring against the fossil fuel giants in the court of law?

Attorney General Archibald Cox was sixty-six years old in the spring of 1979. A veteran legal crusader for innumerable progressive causes, Cox had served in the Kennedy Administration, first as an advisor on labor issues, then as Solicitor General. He came back from the political wilderness in January of ‘77, riding Udall’s blue wave back to Washington. Once in office, he began to stick up for labor in their disputes with management, becoming a key advisor to the President in the resolution of the UMWA strikes. Later, when the President tasked Cox with leading the charge against the fossil fuel industry, Cox knew the fight would be difficult. Nonetheless, he agreed without hesitation.

On the campaign trail, Udall had promised to “break up” the Seven Sisters. In practical, legal terms, this meant filing lawsuits, on behalf of the United States, against the oil and gas giants for violations of the Clayton Act of 1914 and the Sherman Antitrust act. Shortly after his confirmation by the Senate in early 1977, Cox directed his Justice Department to do just that. In the lawsuits, Cox and his subordinates argued that the “Seven Sisters”’ monopolistic practices stifled competition and harmed consumers. Once again, the fossil fuel lobby and their paid actors in Congress screamed bloody murder to the press. It was one thing, they declared to talk a big game about this sort of thing. But to actually do it? Was Cox a madman?

Nonetheless, the suits began to make their way up through the judiciary. Both Udall and Cox held no illusions about where this project of theirs was heading. A challenge of this magnitude, against the forces they were up against, could only wind up in one place: the Supreme Court. The fossil fuel lobby practically jumped for joy when, after more than a year of appeals and losing decisions, the Supreme Court agreed to hear the case at the beginning of their session in April of 1978. Arguments wouldn’t be made until November of that year, and a decision would not be reached until the following spring. Still, the oil and gas conglomerates thought that they had reason to celebrate.

Though liberals still held a slim plurality in the Freund Court (4 liberals to 2 conservatives with 3 “moderates”), the companies still felt confident that the Court would rule in their favor. To claim that their model of running the oil and gas industry was monopolistic would require a truly broad interpretation of the federal government’s regulatory powers. The Court had upheld the breaking up of Standard Oil sixty years prior, but that was an entirely different matter, the companies argued. Despite their confidence, they nevertheless hired the best attorneys their seemingly bottomless coffers could afford and argued persuasively in front of the Court. Cox and the government meanwhile, passionately did the same.

In the end, the Court’s decision came as a shock to many.

By the slimmest of possible margins, with moderate Bush appointee Carla Anderson Hills - the Court’s first ever female justice - joining the liberals, the Court ruled 5 to 4 that the so-called “Seven Sisters” represented an illegal trust and needed to be broken up. Penning the majority opinion, Justice Hills, “emphasized the importance of competition in the energy sector and the need to prevent monopolistic control.”

Though Associate Justices Rehnquist and Burger penned notable dissents, the decision stood. The Udall Administration had challenged the fossil fuel industry and won.

The Washington Post cartoon that week showed the “New Sheriff in Town” standing tall after a showdown at High Noon. The fossil fuel industry’s black-hat cowboy lay on the ground in a pool of black blood - oil.

Immediately, diversification of the oil industry followed.

Each of the major companies were required to divest themselves of their vertical integration. This led to the creation of smaller, more specialized companies, focusing on specific aspects of the industry - exploration, drilling, refining, and distribution. Though in the short term, the breakup of the “Seven Sisters” in this manner led to economic disruptions, including job changes and massive restructuring in the oil and gas sectors, in the long run, these minor setbacks were more than overcome by slower, more steady gains. Specialization led to increased innovation. It also fostered competition, which drove down oil prices, both in the United States and in the world market, which began to feel the ripple effects in the years that followed.

Indeed, President Udall’s decision to take on the fossil fuel giants may prove one of the great, lasting legacies of his time in office. The fight also served as the capstone for Archibald Cox’s long, distinguished career of public service.

xCL8D0E9TSIqtRrCt7Ua2hG_Ezt4aQZhli85bPot11IZ_ZarLkJunKIJodKLK6mIPXVEZsvKsbyC7xPYGCbODEHUMzZ6Hac5zZZn_y-vkGGwyhxfSYWbk_y47O7D-2JUwLm6nWyJK3F7HN46nun8VAk

Above: Three Mile Island - the site of a near disaster in March of 1979.​

Of course, another key aspect of the energy question was the generation of electricity. Since the construction of its first electrical grids, the United States had predominantly burned its ample coal reserves to generate virtually all of its power. Though in some places, hydroelectric dams supplanted coal, this was, obviously, not practical in every state or municipality. By the tail end of the 1970s, new technologies seemed to make renewables - solar, wind, and geothermal - a practical possibility. These, however, remained far too limited to bear the brunt of the grid’s needs at present. There needed to be a temporary power source to act as a stop-gap until these renewables could be made efficient enough, and widely available enough, to form a patchwork new grid. Fortunately, an answer appeared beginning in the 1950s: nuclear energy.

Ever since the development of the first nuclear reactors, engineers and scientists had salivated at the possibilities presented by the responsible use of nuclear fission. With virtually no harmful emissions, and a small, highly trained workforce, reactors could generate a massive amount of electricity. The only drawbacks appeared to be the question of what to do with the radioactive waste material created, as well as the instability of the materials involved. No one wanted a meltdown, especially near a major city.
During the Kennedy administration, research and development led to increased investments in nuclear power throughout the United States. The Romney and Bush years saw the first of this new generation of safe, efficient reactors come online, though many would not be ready until the late 70s. These developments in nuclear energy were controversial, however. Though most Americans broadly supported the idea of cheap, plentiful electricity, environmental activists and groups fretted over the waste storage issue, as well as the possibility of a meltdown.

As it happened, one of the most pivotal moments in the history of American nuclear energy occurred during Mo Udall’s tenure as President.

On March 28th, 1979, an early coolant leak was detected in one of the reactors at the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant in Londonderry Township, Pennsylvania. The plant, which on its own provided roughly 6% of the entire state’s electrical power, was located within 10 miles of nearly 250,000 people’s homes. Despite fears that the reactor could go into partial meltdown, this incident was swiftly identified and contained. The safety team on-site, trained to recognize and respond to such issues, acted with precision and determination. The plant's operators immediately shut down the affected reactor, preventing a catastrophic release of radiation. A thorough investigation revealed that a faulty valve was the cause of the coolant leak. The quick response and adherence to safety protocols ensured that there were no injuries, no environmental contamination, and no widespread panic. Were it not for the Udall Administration’s response, this story would likely have not made news outside of a collective sigh of relief in local papers.

Known for his commitment to safety and environmental protection, the President seized the opportunity to reinforce the importance of nuclear safety in the United States. He delivered an address on the issue, commended the team at the plant in question, and called for increased safety measures, and renewed investment in a new generation of reactors.

Many of this new generation of plants, which sprang up throughout the 1980s and 1990s, would be constructed throughout the midwest, not only providing middle America with cheap, renewable electrical power, but also providing a new industry for highly educated, well-trained technicians and other staff to find work in. The result was a gradual slowdown of the decline of the so-called “rust belt”. Over time, this expanded tax base of young professionals would help the midwest begin its recovery and make the transition from heavy industry to its eventual future in services, transportation, and high-tech manufacturing.

nj4oEPXWTbtE-7D9IxI3BqJPGVaaxu_pVN6nWZC8ldU6fAovn2YnyiVLrmE3wjqFB3GRKRioUN8w3FAz5hc9CBWFCoQ4L9v4uY0Sv2vmuhQoyzDY6zwR6VsPA_b6ve40CYnHb3lYqhwiDoyqvImlMR4
cimG1hJ7DsAdi78RpCXxdJ7WA8wzLki0QG5qzwJPfvdVw51smPFcX2QeoAV2a9dAEkDd9cGObe6fYK5aaGpHWPthQIzYiGOxaRyNLRMOcFHcCBwaoA5sSXXsNLESwiKgibfx4GRRxMUMCZmuYNygdYI

Above: Concept art for “green development” incorporating nuclear power (left) and sleek, energy efficient electric cars (right). (Art generated with AI).​

All in all, Udall’s energy policy proved popular with a majority of Americans. By the summer of 1979, when word of the Supreme Court’s decision regarding the “Seven Sisters” hit the front pages of papers nationwide and was the lead story on the evening news, Udall’s approval numbers ticked up to an impressive 57%. The five points he’d gained since the beginning of the year, it seemed, had come from the previous undecideds. That number - the “not sure” category - now hovered around 5%. The remaining 38%, however, remained steadfastly opposed.

These were your conservatives. The red-blooded American men and women who opposed Udall’s “naïve” foreign policy and his corrupt, “tax and spend liberalism”. They solidified not just in their opposition to Udall’s policies, but to him personally. Lost amidst the jubilation of his approval numbers, the President’s personal likeability scores had declined. Where once, moderates and conservatives had to admit that even if they disagreed with the President, they could at least say they “liked” him, that no longer appeared to be the case. Battle lines were being drawn, after all. 1980 and its Presidential election were closer than they appeared.

Next Time on Blue Skies in Camelot: Stephen King’s Work and Its Adaptations - 1974 - 1980

Last edited:
Hello, everyone! :)

Apologies for the long delay. And double apologies to those of you who may have messaged me or posted here on the thread asking how I'm doing or making sure I'm okay. I am doing well. I have just been swamped this year. Far more than I expected. In addition to my full-time teaching gig, I am also working on a Master's Degree. Grad school and work will take up a lot of your time. :p

I also wrote a novel this summer, which I am very excited about! To keep it brief, it's a horror/historical fiction story, set in the Old West days of Denver, Colorado in the autumn of 1883. A gunslinging Deputy U.S. Marshal, a doctor of medicine, a talented opera singer, and a Mexican-American Catholic nun must team up to combat a darkness that threatens both them and their city...

The book is currently in the revisions phase, but if that is something that anyone is interested in hearing more about, I'd be happy to share more information once I feel like it can come out of the shadows.

But as ever, this timeline is still kicking. :) I'm always brainstorming for it. And whenever I can steal some time, I will continue to post updates. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for the love you have shown both me and this project. You all are the best audience a guy could ask for!

Hello, everyone! :)

Apologies for the long delay. And double apologies to those of you who may have messaged me or posted here on the thread asking how I'm doing or making sure I'm okay. I am doing well. I have just been swamped this year. Far more than I expected. In addition to my full-time teaching gig, I am also working on a Master's Degree. Grad school and work will take up a lot of your time. :p

I also wrote a novel this summer, which I am very excited about! To keep it brief, it's a horror/historical fiction story, set in the Old West days of Denver, Colorado in the autumn of 1883. A gunslinging Deputy U.S. Marshal, a doctor of medicine, a talented opera singer, and a Mexican-American Catholic nun must team up to combat a darkness that threatens both them and their city...

The book is currently in the revisions phase, but if that is something that anyone is interested in hearing more about, I'd be happy to share more information once I feel like it can come out of the shadows.

But as ever, this timeline is still kicking. :) I'm always brainstorming for it. And whenever I can steal some time, I will continue to post updates. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for the love you have shown both me and this project. You all are the best audience a guy could ask for!
Welcome back!

And just a quick question: Is Hufstedler no longer AG?

Oh my god that was quick! Welcome back Mr. President!

Quick question for you, what are the nations of Uganda, the Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Somalia, and Ethiopia like so far ITTL? Have there been any significant differences from our history?

Also, I’m excited to see what kinds of things are adapted from Stephen King in the next chapter!