Map Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
crossposting my MotF entry:

1980:
The Right Front, a coalition that governs Germany since the 60s, splits after the big tax scandal of 1979 and President Müller has to lead the country with emergency degrees.
1982:
After nearly two years of political chaos the German constitution, which saw several crises and a world war, gets a major reform (the first since its etablishment 1919).
September 1982:
The big winner of the '82 election is the centre-left SPD. Martin Liebknecht, son of artist Robert Liebknecht, grandson of the prominant communist Karl Liebknecht and great-grandson of the founder of the SPD Wilhelm Liebknecht, becomes the first social-democratic chancellor of Germany since 1958.
3rd October 1982:
Liebknecht's first trip as chancellor leads him through his homecity of Leipzig. The people of the city came to see him driving through the streets of the city but as his car passes the Augustus Gate, which connects to parts of the city's university, a bomb in the basement of the near unfinished tram station explodes. Many of the people that lined the chancellor's route die and also Liebknecht himself and his wife are heavily injured. The chauffeur gets only slightly injured and is able to drive the damaged car to the nearest hospital but the doctors can't save the couple's life.
9th October:
Martin Liebknechts father gives a speach on his son's funeral and says: "It is terrible to have your father murdered by fascists and it is even worse to have your son murdered by the same awful powers."
1996:

Martin Liebknecht's nephew Theodor-Friedrich Liebknecht becomes chancellor of Germany...
and here the map of Leipzig:
R42xfmq.png

First version of a map I've made for a homebrew DnD setting:

tosend.png

The World in 1537, 300th Anniversary of the construction of the Suez Canal.

Striped regions are nominally part of a larger state, but are mostly controlled by small, autonomous local authorities.

Countries with red striping are nominally polities of the Persian Empire, but in reality are entirely autonomous.

Regions in Grey have little to no central government.

Regions in Black have yet to be discovered.

(Posting information on countries soon)

Gian

Banned
Here's Part I of my Map Series

The first is from 1914: The Start of the First World War (PoD is from the 1860s or so). . . .

nfLQhSY.png

Notable Differences (aside from the obvious); still unfinished

-Mexico is still run by Emperor Maximilian I, despite the presence of republican rebels.
-Portugal, despite the Pink Map's fruition, could not avoid the republican revolution in 1911.
-France is run under a Legitimist king (with an authoritarian regime to boot)

Alliance System
Triple Entente - the UK, Russia, and Germany (The U.S. and Spain joined later)
Central Powers - France, Austria-Hungary, and the Ottoman Empire

Last edited:
Here's Part I of my Map Series

The first is from 1914: The Start of the First World War (PoD is from the 1860s or so). . . .

.com/nfLQhSY.png[/IMG]
Notable Differences (aside from the obvious); still unfinished

-Mexico is still run by Emperor Maximilian I, despite the presence of republican rebels.
-Portugal, despite the Pink Map's fruition, could not avoid the republican revolution in 1911.

Are all the alliances still the same?

Gian

Banned
Are all the alliances still the same?

I added the alliance system on my previous post.

Alliance System
Triple Entente - the UK, Russia, and Germany (The U.S. and Spain joined later)
Central Powers - France, Austria-Hungary, and the Ottoman Empire

Please note it only refers to major players.

What's going on in Italy? How about the Balkan countries, Japan, and China? (I assume China will be a co-belligerent on the Central side, correct me if wrong.) Who is in control in Spain?

Gian

Banned
What's going on in Italy?

Italy is still OTL, a neutral member of the Triple Alliance (but later joined the Allies

How about the Balkan countries, Japan, and China? (I assume China will be a co-belligerent on the Central side, correct me if wrong.)

The Balkans is still like OTL (though Bosnia is part of Serbia. The trigger for WWI was a Romanian nationalist in Transylvania shooting the Archduke while he was traveling in Cluj.

China remaied neutral, but Japan joined the Entente/Allies.

Who is in control in Spain?

It's ruled under a Hohenzollern (who even married a Spanish Bourbon). Spain at first remained neutral, but then joined the Entente soon afterwards. But, as you'll see in the next map, it would push Spain to the point of revolution.

Italy is still OTL, a neutral member of the Triple Alliance (but later joined the Allies
Is the Triple Alliance the Triple Entente or the Central Powers?

The Balkans is still like OTL (though Bosnia is part of Serbia. The trigger for WWI was a Romanian nationalist in Transylvania shooting the Archduke while he was traveling in Cluj.
Nice way of shaking up things a bit while staying familiar.
China remaied neutral, but Japan joined the Entente/Allies.
Got ot

It's ruled under a Hohenzollern (who even married a Spanish Bourbon). Spain at first remained neutral, but then joined the Entente soon afterwards. But, as you'll see in the next map, it would push Spain to the point of revolution.
What caused them to join?
Actually, skip that question if you already plan on answering it in the next post.

Finally, I'd like to suggest you putting it in the Map Series thread as well as this one. It would be nice if we could get that thread, as well as the ASB and Future map thread to be used more often.

My First Map

And now for my first map on this forum. But first, an explanation of my alternate history.
The upcoming map will be of Timeline 55, my alternate history in which Skylab, the United States' first space station, was launched earlier than in OTL and its fate was rather catastrophic in TTL than the simple abandonment and eventual re-entry in OTL. TL-55 will turn out to be both an Ameriscrew and a Ameriwank. How it is both- the United States does screw itself over (secession is a key factor in TTL, although the US isn't the only country affected by it), but will succeed in "making the world safe for democracy." The POD is April 21, 1970. My idea for TL-55 was inspired by an essay on leadership by Margaret J. Wheatley that I read back when I was still in high school. You can read her essay at http://www.margaretwheatley.com/articles/leadershiplessons.html
This map is of the current Timeline 55 world as of 01/01/2013. It's mostly just like OTL.

Notable Differences:
- There is a Confederate States of America. However, it is not the original Confederacy that seceded back in 1861. The Confederacy was re-established in 2005 and it earned its indepedence from the U.S. in 2009. The nation will be a pivotal figure in TTL.
- Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico too are independent nations as of 2009.
- Morocco has soverignty over Western Sahara as of 2011, however, only some countries (including the U.S. and C.S.) recognize Morocco's control.
As for TL-55, I should have the first five chapters completed by June. I still have a lot of work to do for the timeline itself.
Feel free to ask any questions, give comments, etc.

Last edited:
"How does Europe look like that when the Confedera…"

There is a Confederate States of America. However, it is not the original Confederacy that seceded back in 1861. The Confederacy was re-established in 2005 and it earned its independence from the U.S. in 2009.

"…"

I've had this map laying 95% finished on my HDD for quite a while now, so I decided to finally finish it off and post it. It's the last map of the Germania series that so far encompassed the Reich proper, Ukraine and Ostland.

die_neuordnung_europas_by_1blomma-d60k360.jpg

More info can be found on the deviantart page here.

I've had this map laying 95% finished on my HDD for quite a while now, so I decided to finally finish it off and post it. It's the last map of the Germania series that so far encompassed the Reich proper, Ukraine and Ostland.

More info can be found on the deviantart page here.

Another amazing, Atlas-quality map.

And now this feels like a proper map thread...

Gian

Banned
Part II of my Map Series

Year: 1917

Three years of war have passed, and things are still at a stalemate. Spain and Russia are revolution after being overrun by France and Austria respectively. While Russia is still in its bloodbath, Baron von Ungern-Sternberg crossed the Siberian frontier and asserted Mongolia's independence.

Meanwhile, a brutal war began in South America in 1915, over Ecuador's Amazonian claims. Peru, Argentina, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Bolivia fought Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Ecuador, as the conflict spiraled out of control.

The Mexican Empire meanwhile, was able to rein in the rebels in the north, but the Revolution still drags on.

A3PHQzZ.png

Last edited:

All of the maps you've done like this…

I want to touch it. I want to reach out and feel it between my fingers. Delicious actual paper feeling.

THAT'S how good they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.